Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 12-24-2011, 03:48 PM

Default US800 $99 8x4 supports LLM? sort of?

I got this for my ipad2 and it works, It was just curiosity
that I tried it with pt10.

I was a little floored when It worked better than my m-audio light-bridge
setup, but avid has abandoned light-bridge users so thats not surprising.

Ok, but I seem to be having the same general problems everybody else did with pt9 and have with pt10..

I get the dual output/sound comb filter, so when I hit "i" or the record I get
both outputs, the direct monitoring of the us800 works great and if I mute
the channel I'm good to go..

for $99 I can record drums more consistantly crash free, etc, that I did on my $1500 of lightbridge gear, second only to my original mix system.

Yeah, kind of makes me puke..

But obviously the handoff handshake with this llm isn't working like my totalmix rme setup with cubase/nuendo did, so does anyone have a comment or a statement about what is going to work with this LLM setup before I recommend more purchases or what? I get the output limitation, the us800
is kind of setup that way, I even tried all defaults so every this was vanially output1-2, nogo... I get comb-filtering (And wonderfully down to 32 on 44.1 and 64 on 88.2/96 with way better PERFORMANCE than I did with light-bridge.. puking again.. wish it just had two more i/os for more overheads..)

P.S. DIGI/AVID a pdf/statement how like stienberg did on what/how software/hardware monitoring is and isn't going to work and (GOD FORBID a interface list) would solve you SO many issues and posts..

I realize that's what the trial is for, but geeze, there are so many people that
will make little mistakes and think it doesnt work because they didnt hit box 1x y6 z3 on their interface or driver level, etc..)