Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2010, 09:49 AM

Default Tracks no longer playing

PT8 M Powered with a Fast Track Ultra . I've had no problems using this up to this point.

I opened a saved session and it will not play back audio. The audio is there and if I solo a track I can hear it and it appears as output on the master fader. I deleted the master fader, turned the automation to off on each chan in the mix window, tried saving as a new file etc.

Any ideas? Thanks
Old 06-15-2010, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Tracks no longer playing

Make sure each track is set to the output on you Fasttrack as well as the master fader. shutdown your computer, then turn of the fasttrack. Turn ont he fast trackt hen turn on your computer, thats as much as i can think of.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:05 PM

As far as I can tell all the I/.o's are correct. This is a session that has played without problem previously. In fact if I open other sessions they will play fine.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 AM

FYI, here's what seems to be happening.

I Changed all the i/o's to output to 3-4 and things were working then I hit one track and it all stopped again. Meters moving but nothing audible. Turns out that this track had Line 6 pod farm plug in instantiated. This plug in's authorization comes from the pedal board being connected via USB. For some reason instead of just disabling the plug in it blocked audio for the whole session somehow as long as the audio was being fed out the same outputs. Weird. I've launched sessions before without it being plugged in and instead have gotten a simple message or just heard the guitar clean. As soon as I switched the outputs of teh track with amp farnm to outs 3/4 or even clicked on the plugin it disabled all audio from3/4 as well.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 AM

I have used pod farm with PT, not a lot and I am no where near my rig right now, but I recall you have the option of pod farm iLok instead of the hardware pedal, "iLok" is how mine is setup as I don't have their pedal. The pod farm with the pedal (I think) assumes you are using the pedal as an audio interface, which may be confusing to PT.
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)