Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 11:32 AM

Default lok-gate

my protools system just randomly lost the registration for autotune for the 10th time. Ilok support, antares support, and digi support have never called me back. so I feel I've got a right to write a bitch post.

ILOK SUCKS.

has anyone noticed the general price of well guarded software going UP not DOWN as antipirates anticipated with the following argument:"the price of software is artificially high because people steal it so developers compensate for their market share" that was obviosly fiction. when developers like digidesigns buddies price software, they price it the highest they can with out driving people away. I propose some sort of sliding scale for the amount of money your music/studio makes per year vs your ilok subscriptions to plugs. what happens if ilok goes out of business? whats this crap about insuring my ilok? how is it that digidesign can charge 9 times the price of their competition and then ask us to use an ilok? whats with charging 90 bucks for two days with a 300 dollar plugin wich is worth 90 bucks? why does everyone develop VSTs? why is digis plugin list TINY

after being told 5 times that this was the LAST MONTH of upgrades to HD, and being totally screwed on that one while having to cancel sessions. I'm about ready to go to logic or motu. digis software is without a doubt inferior and and the hardware costs 9times the price and now my plugs stop working whenever they feel like it. effectively shutting down my chances to work with clients.

BLEH

-matt

sorry for grammer. I'm angry