Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2014, 10:23 AM

Default efx loop eleven rack

hi everyone i have just joined after purchasing a rack ,
i have a question ,
i can't get the fx loop to work , i;m using the left mono in and out , have tried with the button on the back in and out , switches on ok in the editor and on the rack but no signal , turn the mix up full etc , just can't get it to work on the fx chain ,

cheers dave
Old 11-24-2014, 10:34 AM

Default Re: efx loop eleven rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave droug View Post
hi everyone i have just joined after purchasing a rack ,
i have a question ,
i can't get the fx loop to work , i;m using the left mono in and out , have tried with the button on the back in and out , switches on ok in the editor and on the rack but no signal , turn the mix up full etc , just can't get it to work on the fx chain ,

cheers dave
Make sure the FX Loop is not in bypass (in the GUI on the front panel), its easy to miss that. Start with all three controls set mid-way and get a straight through cable between FX Out/L and FX In/L working before you try to introduce any actual devices in the FX Loop. Make sure the FX Loop is in a Mono part of the rig chain if you really want to use it mono.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:55 AM

tried all that don't work
cheers dave
Old 11-24-2014, 11:45 AM

Known good working cable? Try just using an unbalanced standard instrument cable that you know works with a guitar. Put the mix to 100% and confirm that the FX Loop send and return level knobs then affect the signal though the FX loop straight-through wire.

Where in the rig is the FX loop positioned?

I don't recall any situation before where there has been a bad FX loop, all have been user/setup mistakes or bad outboard connections, so check carefully what you are doing. You can also check for any signal out of the FX loop, plug the Eleven Rack loop out into a loop in (or even instrument in at lower levels) on a real guitar amp or another recording interface or monitor speakers or whatever you have and confirm you get any output at all.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:35 PM

the leads are standard mono guitar leads that's the first thing i tried, i connected the outboard unit which is a echo unit directly into my amp it work fine so leads and unit OK, the fx loop on the rack is next to last out , on the present i used ,i will try it in stereo and direct fx out to my amp tomorrow, cheers dave
Old 11-25-2014, 04:24 AM

sorted now chaps it was me never had the rig setup right the return was not connected to the rig .working fine now , thanks
dave