Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2013, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Rendering midi to audio

It is good advice and I like the template idea as well. Thanks to all who weighed in. I appreciate it.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:30 AM

If you want to do a destructive edit (converting the instrument clip to a audio clip) in a few seconds, solo the desired track and select the "commit" option.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:21 AM

If your using your midi controller to control virtual instruments then your should be using virtual instruments not midi tracks.

If your recording with an outboard synth and would like to record the sounds of the synth you would need to hook up the midi in and out plus you would need to hook up the line output from the keyboard to the input of your interface. Them you would clean up the midi notes in your daw, Replay amd record the audio of the midi. This how the pros do it when using outboard synths. Just note without a daw with a truly customizable patch program your going to be limited to General Midi patches .. other DAWs do a better job of this.

There's no automated way to make all midi tracks convert to audio (that i know of )because the decision needs to be made by you if something is going to be mono or stereo sound. You don't want a Stereo kick. You don't want a Stereo bass. But you may want your high hat stereo or piano etc.. something to think on.