Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-30-2019, 08:23 AM

Default Re: S3 + Mackie Control or HUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I think we have found an issue where if you have installed a fresh install of EUCON recently (not upgrading from an old version) Mackie control fails. We are looking at fixing this in the next release. In the meantime I think I have a workaround. Install v3.6.1 first and then install 18.3 over it.

MAC 3.6.1
PC 3.6.1
Thanks @EddieJones This would make sense as our system was installed with a fresh Eucon installed. Will test this week and let you know.

Can’t wait for this new update btw 😉
Old 02-09-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlogik View Post
@Halfmoon Have you had good results with this? I still have not been able to get the S3 operating in Ableton 10 so I gave up.
Did you ever have any luck with ableton and s3?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Avid

I tried Ableton myself a couple weeks ago and it worked. But it does need Mackie Control to be working I.E the earlier version of EuControl installed first) We have reproduced the issue here in the latest installers and are looking to fix ASAP.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:35 AM

Thanks Eddie! The control (s3 and artist mix) both seem great, but I use ableton a ton, so I'm interested in hearing from people who did (or didn't) get it working.

I've been able to get the pro control iPad app to work, so I'm thinking it will. But it's a big purchase... So I'm checking around. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Avid

Yes if the iPad can control the faders then EUCON is connected all the way through so the S3 or Mix would also work.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Yes if the iPad can control the faders then EUCON is connected all the way through so the S3 or Mix would also work.
Oh nice! Good tip.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I think we have found an issue where if you have installed a fresh install of EUCON recently (not upgrading from an old version) Mackie control fails. We are looking at fixing this in the next release. In the meantime I think I have a workaround. Install v3.6.1 first and then install 18.3 over it.

MAC 3.6.1
PC 3.6.1
Hi Eddie,

I tried this and got it working indeed. However, occasionaly Eucontrol crashes and I have to go through some magical combination of removing the device from he Eucon control panel, rebooting, power cycling the S3, etc... which I haven't exactly mastered yet unfortunately. I will send you a link to the Avid crash reports.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:

MAC 3.6.1
PC 3.6.1
I just tried a fresh install of EUCON 19.5.1 and it seems like this Mackie issue didn't get fixed.

I uninstalled that and tried this with v3.6.1, assigning the app and running everything, and then installing 18.3. It didn't work at first but I had to toggle the system preference of "Enable as External Workstation" on and then off for it to work, restarted the apps and it worked after banking once the tracks/faders loaded.

The language in the 19.5.1 installer leads me to believe that it will erase the unchecked installer items and I think it will also erase whatever 3.6.1 did to get the Euphonix MIDI to setup so I'm not going to touch this update.

So for the process of turning on my DAW w/Mackie control;
1. Start EuControl
2. Turn on Artist Mix
3. Wait for link
4. Open system preferences
5. Turn on "Enable as External Workstation"
6. Enter password
7. Turn off "Enable as External Workstation"
8. Repeat every time it's reconnected or randomly stops working (as it often does)

Not exactly easy but it works, kind of.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:30 AM
Avid

We are still investigating this. in the meantime we have found that uninstalling using a unified installer doesn't remove the MIDI driver fully and then when you try to install again it won't. The workaround for this problem is to uninstall EUCON then:
1. Open Audio Midi Setup2. Go to Midi Studio window3. Select Euphonix Midi Device4. Go to Edit > Delete
Then reinstall EUCON.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I just picked up an S3 and can confirm the MIDI ports are missing with a fresh install of 19.7. This is on MacOS 10.14.5. Everything else works just fine except there is no Euphonix MIDI device in Audio MIDI Setup, so no ports to select in non-EuCon applications.

I tried the 3.6.1 + 18.3 trick and the ports re-appear, but installing 19.7 over the top makes them disappear again (even if I don't un-install).

Many thanks in advance