Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 02-22-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Anybody connected to an Avid ISIS w/ PT 7.3?

Hi all-

I'm looking at workflow improvements in one of the facilities I work at and was curious if anyone was successfully doing this yet. I've also read a few things about Avid Interplay?

We do television and have to deal with many last-minute revisions. (like everyone else in audio-post)

Thanks.

/jim
Old 02-23-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Anybody connected to an Avid ISIS w/ PT 7.3?

Hi Jim,

We're connected to an ISIS and this is how we work.

I understand that working with audio from the ISIS is not feasable due to the bandwidth limitations, so I ask our editors to deliver me two OMFIs into our partition on the ISIS.

One audio OMFI with all the media embedded. This is then imported into our session with the audio being copied onto our local drives.

One video OMFI with linked media to the project partition on the ISIS. By gaining access to this partition with the Unity ISIS Client Manager software, Protools will quite happily play the video media directly from the ISIS whilst working with audio on the local drives.

The video OMFI import takes about a minute for a 45 min show so new omfis can be supplied for last minute changes. If you bring it onto a new video track it is easy to see where the changes are, and then move / insert the new audio accordingly.

It's working brilliantly for us, as we used to digitise our video into the sesion in real time from the master tape so we're saving at least an hour a day, if not more if there are any changes.

I've also read about the AVID interplay, but I'm not sure wether this is working with ISIS yet. (If anyone knows different, I'd love to hear)

If you want any more info, drop me an email.

Jeremy
Old 02-23-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I've also read about the AVID interplay, but I'm not sure wether this is working with ISIS yet. (If anyone knows different, I'd love to hear)
ISIS is working with Interplay on Windows Pro Tools systems only right now. If you're on a Mac, it's not supported *yet*. But if you are on Windows, then, yes, ISIS is working with Interplay and the Pro Tools Interplay Option supports an ISIS/Interplay configuration. You can read more about it here...

Pro Tools HD 7.3 Technical Document Library:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=24217
Look for "Pro Tools Avid Interplay Guide v7.3"

Direct link to that PDF:
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._v73_33008.pdf

Greg
Old 02-24-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:

ISIS is working with Interplay on Windows Pro Tools systems only right now. If you're on a Mac, it's not supported *yet*.
Greg
Is this to suggest that a future version of Pro Tools for Mac OS X is going to offer full support of ISIS?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:23 AM

[quoteIs this to suggest that a future version of Pro Tools for Mac OS X is going to offer full support of ISIS?

[/QUOTE]

The "not supported yet" comment was more to do with the Pro Tools Interplay Option support on Mac. As for Mac compatibility with ISIS, there aren't any plans to support streaming audio/video on the Mac. For that you have to use a Windows machine. You can push/pull on the Mac however, which is supported.

Greg
Old 02-25-2007, 04:17 PM

Hi Jeremy,

please provide details of your Video option (Mojo, AV10. etc) and any info regarding how this Video Streaming is impacting on your regular network performance. How many users are accessing the Video in this way on your network and does it get bogged down with high traffic.

Have you tried this workflow with AAFs?

Cheers

Chris