Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-27-2006, 09:46 AM

Default Track: Master Fader Question

Recording/Editing has been getting much smoother as I pour through Pro Tools manuals/instructional videos/books, but I'm still coming up with questions that I either haven't found the answer to, or passed over and didn't know it. Here is the latest...

I recorded a guitar part for a chorus of a song and everything went well. Only problem is that when I try to move the fader (to turn down the volume after applying an AmpliTube insert) it's automatically moved back to it's original position when the song gets to the point where that Clip comes in. I understand that this is probably a feature that is meant to be helpful (automated faders), but it's driving me nuts (especially since the meters red-line now). Did I enable automated faders in some way that I'm not aware of? Someone please lend a helping hand.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Track: Master Fader Question

this one is easy

you MUST have automation information written on the track even if you didn't intend to

on whichever track you're having trouble with, click on the "waveform" rectangle associated with that track from the Edit Window and then select "volume" from the dropdown menu. this shows you any volume automation on that track. if you see ANY little dots in the timeline, even if the volume line doesn't move at a breakpoint, you need to highlight and delete.

you can also place your cursor inside of that track, hit apple+a to select all the volume automation and hit delete to wipe that track clean. now the fader should stay where you move it

if it's the master fader you're talking about, then it is already, by default, in the volume automation view

hope this helps
PT Ultimate
Old 12-27-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Track: Master Fader Question

Thanks. I was starting to think that was it a bit after the first post. Again, thanks for the info.