Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2011, 04:53 PM

Default Have to install pace extension software each time I start Macosx before PT9 will load

Anyone else have this? I have reinstalled everything except the MacOsx. Will do that next, but seems a bit OTT to have to do that. Surely the extensions dont uninstall themselves? Yeh: I have deleted prefs etc hundreds of times. Not a biggie, but time consuming during a session if I have to restart.
Thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Have to install pace extension software each time I start Macosx before PT9 will

try doing it from a new Admin level user

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-13-2011, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Have to install pace extension software each time I start Macosx before PT9 will

Does the same thing, when I do this. Then if I reinstall the extensions, it works for all logins. Then logout and same issue all over again. Have deleted all prefs for PT and pace etc.....Guess will just have to reinstall the OS....but dont really have the time for that....
Old 07-18-2011, 03:23 PM

have removed all third party plugins, and that changed nothing. Now have upgraded all plugins to make sure I have the latest of everything. still have the same problem.
anyone? software developers even?
shirley I am not the only guy in the world who has had this issue?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:18 PM

bumpity
Old 07-23-2011, 03:44 PM

I too am experiencing the exact same problem.

PT 9.0.3 Native
New iMac running 10.6.8

mike
Old 07-24-2011, 08:27 PM

Looks like just you and me, and no solution!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:58 AM
velvettone

I can't see why a clean OSX install wouldn't fix this. Maybe you could install a new hard drive (or use an external drive if your bays are filled), and reinstall OSX over night (while you're not using the studio). If you do it in parts (overnight), it surely won't take as much time as reinstalling the Pace extensions every time you reboot.

It's nice to have a spare ProTools system drive "in-waiting" for cases just like this, so the new drive won't be a waste.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:19 PM

Yeh, good advice. I dont have an alternate boot drive, which I should anyway. Will just do that, and if it fixes it, will do the reinstall on the main drive.
Thanks for the advice
Louis
Old 07-27-2011, 03:41 PM

Are you in 10.6.8 with HD native?
9.0.4 update i believe was posted for mac.