Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 PM

Default Pro Tools Activation Problem

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new.

So I just bought a 003R+ off a guy and it came with Pro Tools LE8 and an iLok. It has two registration cards and a 3rd party content activator card but no authorization code. How do I go about activation Pro Tools? Couldn't find anything helpful on Google.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Pro Tools Activation Problem

(moving this to Getting Started forum)

If the previous owner has already used the activation code to register Pro Tools LE 8, it cannot be used again. If they did not already use it...
  1. Click on "Avid Support How To Video Series" at the top of the forum
  2. Choose "Pro Tools"
  3. Click on the 1st video: "How To Set Up Your Pro Tools System"
Skip the first couple of minutes about the iLok, since Pro Tools LE 8 uses an authorization code, not an iLok license. About 2 1/2 minutes into the video, how to enter an activation code is covered.

You can go back later to the first part about the iLok, and create an iLok account and try to register the iLok to your own iLok account. If the iLok has never been registered to an iLok account before, you should be able to register it to your own account.

If the iLok License Manager does not allow you to register the iLok to your own account, then it is probably registered to the original owner's account.

If you are unable to do one (or both) of the above, then you need to go back to the seller and find out if they already did those things, and everything is registered to them.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:21 PM

I got the iLok linked to my account but I can't find the authorization code for Pro Tools. It's the one that starts with DIGI0800, right? All I have is the two yellow registration cards and the white 3rd party activation card.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

See if one of the registration cards says Pro Tools on it, and look for a registration or activation code. You won't have a Pro Tools LE 8 authorization code until after you register/activate the Pro Tools LE product.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:53 PM

Ooooh, that makes sense. One says Digi 003 Rack+ and the other says ASY, TKY, 003/R/R+ FAC DOCS 8.0, ENG/JPN.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:00 PM

Also I don't know the purchase date or the dealer.