Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 AM

Unhappy Cubase LE files to Protools LE 8

Now I'm sure this question has been asked many times before...but having sifted through hundreds of irrelevant previous posts I thought it couldn't hurt to just ask...

Also, any searches on google just brings up outdated (as in five years old) tips and tricks...

Basically, looking for the simplest way to convert recorded files from Cubase LE for mixing and editing in Pro Tools LE 8...

If it's relevant I use Pro Tools LE 8 with and Mbox Pro II on a Standard out of the box Macbook Pro (as in 320Gb RAM) purchased just three months ago...so if there's a program or something I need that's recent...as long as it's for mac, it'll work...

Thanks for any help in advance...
Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Cubase LE files to Protools LE 8

You'd need to export each track as an individual audio track of equal length. Then go into Pro Tools an import each track individually with the same start time and tempo.

This is not a short-coming or Cubase LE or Pro Tools LE. They are just 2 different programs.