Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 PM

Default input assignments reverting

how come when i assign "no input" to a track with a no longer valid input path, it always reverts back to the invalid path when i close and re-open it?
Old 02-26-2011, 11:33 PM

Default Re: input assignments reverting

Yeah. Same problem... driving me crazy. I'll open a session from somewhere else, change it all over to my i/o settings (even that is buggy - have to import it multiple times to make it all work), deleting the unused old i/o settings as I go through the import settings process (multiple times)... but even after saving, whenever I re-open the session a few of the old inputs show up grayed out... It's never all of them....

I do not have "sessions overwrite current I/O Setup when opened" selected in the I/O setup window. What else could it be? This seems like a very simple issue... maybe I'm missing something?

Just glad it's not the outputs!!

PT HD 9.0.1, Mac 10.6.6
Old 02-27-2011, 09:06 AM

It's also partly the outputs as the darn IO setup does not remember your default output setting if you change it to your own preference. That is extremely maddening and can cause havoc at times.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
It's also partly the outputs as the darn IO setup does not remember your default output setting if you change it to your own preference. That is extremely maddening and can cause havoc at times.
Yea, crazy-making. All bugs in the new I/O setup - same in 8.1

Hope they fix it soon!

best,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 02-27-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
Yea, crazy-making. All bugs in the new I/O setup - same in 8.1

Hope they fix it soon!

best,
rich
I hope they fix ALOT of things soon!

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 13.6.6 Ventura,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3.1, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
I forgot about that charming detail... so have any of you tried starting over with a new I/O setup file? I just upgraded from 8.0.1cswhatever recently and have been using the same I/O setup file from that configuration - too lazy to label everything again... especially the busses! Before I try that to see if it helps I thought I'd ask here...

I can see the beauty in the new I/O bussing-to-actual-outputs scheme. I probably shouldn't be surprised that it's a little buggy considering the complexity of it all. But it is surprising that I have to load my I/O setup multiple times to get the labels to be correct... (and then change the default outputs manually). It's like PT doesn't believe me until I tell it to do it three times. :) Just like my toddler except not as lovable.

Anyway - if anyone has had luck in making a new I/O setup I'd love to know. I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by god-player View Post
I forgot about that charming detail... so have any of you tried starting over with a new I/O setup file? I just upgraded from 8.0.1cswhatever recently and have been using the same I/O setup file from that configuration - too lazy to label everything again... especially the busses! Before I try that to see if it helps I thought I'd ask here...

I can see the beauty in the new I/O bussing-to-actual-outputs scheme. I probably shouldn't be surprised that it's a little buggy considering the complexity of it all. But it is surprising that I have to load my I/O setup multiple times to get the labels to be correct... (and then change the default outputs manually). It's like PT doesn't believe me until I tell it to do it three times. :) Just like my toddler except not as lovable.

Anyway - if anyone has had luck in making a new I/O setup I'd love to know. I'm not getting my hopes up.
You know, a month or two ago I bit the bullet and just created all new I/O setups from PT9. Things had been going along pretty well for the most part since then, but the last couple of days I've opened up files that were working/looking perfect to find busses renamed (custom names dropped, just left me with "bus 29-30"), so I have to confess, I'm AGAIN at a loss wrt this new I/O system. . . .

Update: within a minute, I realized that PT had not simply renamed those busses, it actually re-assigned those busses to new paths. i.e. "MixBuss" was now had nothing going to it, but "bus 35-36" has everything that was previously aimed to MixBuss. . . . Even more disturbing. . . .
Old 02-28-2011, 03:36 PM

I assume Avid is aware of the issue - I did a few searches but haven't seen many other users complaining. (maybe I didn't enter the right search terms)

Has anyone heard from Avid on this?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:42 PM

Tech Support have logged the "default output setting" issue for a fix. No timeframe was mentioned. As for the rest of this, I don't know.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by god-player View Post
I assume Avid is aware of the issue - I did a few searches but haven't seen many other users complaining. (maybe I didn't enter the right search terms)

Has anyone heard from Avid on this?
Well, I opened a support ticket with them on related I/O weirdness (selecting track output to "new track..." would create a new track with the proper names, but the actual buss would be inactive and couldn't be activated). After some back and forth it was recommended that I just suck it up and create a new template from one of the default templates.
That seemed to be working pretty well until recently. Quite honestly, I'm not even sure if we're dealing with bugs or just nobody really understanding all the ins and outs of this new I/O window and how it's going to behave "intelligently."