Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2010, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Auto-Tune 7 TDM released

How were you able contact Antares? Their website has no phone numbers and no email contact info. Simply amazing, they used to have great customer support. I've owned AT since it was first introduced.

I've installed AT 7 TDM, downloaded the authorization to my iLok and everytime I open AutoTune + Pitch in Audiosuite, I get a warning that it is not authorized and to insert an iLok with an authorization? I double checked the iLok and it does have the authorization. Anyone else experience this problem? What is the fix??

I've trashed all the recommended stuff, repaired permissions, etc..

Any ideas??
(970) 663-1650
InSight Sound Web Page
Old 12-22-2010, 07:31 AM

I've been trying to contact someone over there as well for a number of weeks. Can't believe there is no phone or email address available

I also submitted a tech support form online and haven't heard one word from them.. lame.

Let me know if you have any ideas.
J

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSights7 View Post
How were you able contact Antares? Their website has no phone numbers and no email contact info. Simply amazing, they used to have great customer support. I've owned AT since it was first introduced.

I've installed AT 7 TDM, downloaded the authorization to my iLok and everytime I open AutoTune + Pitch in Audiosuite, I get a warning that it is not authorized and to insert an iLok with an authorization? I double checked the iLok and it does have the authorization. Anyone else experience this problem? What is the fix??

Any ideas??
Old 12-22-2010, 07:58 AM

I used [email protected] and got a response in about 4 or 5 days. I purchased the AT 7 RTAS version and put it through its paces. The new features could be cool but there are definitely performance issues. This is the first version of AT that alters the sound of the audio file even when it is not tuning in graphic mode. An AT7 processed file with no tuning going on will NOT null with the original file. All other versions have been able to do that. The latency is erratic and is not consistently compensated by ADC. When RTAS is on a track the latency changes every time you hit play on the computer by as much as 50-100 samples. When you process a file with Audiosuite version in graphic mode latency of 61 samples is introduced.

In my initial email to Antares is simply said I was not happy with the performance of the new version and would like to return the product. They responded by asking for more information about the issues I was having. i sent them an email with tons of detail and audio files to explain the issues. Haven't heard back yet.

They seem motivated to get it right. Hopefully they will. the new features seem like they could be useful. Autotune is definitely my favorite for tuning.

EV
Old 12-22-2010, 09:57 AM

Thanks EV, will give it a shot.
J

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSights7 View Post

Any ideas??
Old 12-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev33 View Post
I used [email protected] and got a response in about 4 or 5 days.
EV
Thanks for the info. I will email them. Downsizing sure isn't a good thing for the end user. Anyone tried the pitch correction in Peak 7??
(970) 663-1650
InSight Sound Web Page
Old 12-23-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew haller View Post
Its ok for mild tuning as an insert, and for audiosuiting vocals in large sessions, but for the most part Melodyne is it..
On a side note:
I've played a bit with Waves Tune and I think it sounds really good..
I used AT for years when it came out. I've been on Waves Tune for several years now and could never go back. AT just sounds too "effected" to me, even when set to not be. I still use AT5 in auto mode sometimes on bv's if in a hurry. I have Evo, but absolutely never use it, it just sounds to fake.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:19 AM

OK, I reinstalled the software and Pace drivers and all seems to be working now. Happy holidays and may the coming year be the best ever for everyone.
(970) 663-1650
InSight Sound Web Page
Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 AM

I Bought the Evo upgrade, then almost immediately Bailed, and reverted back to v5 (Antares actually did refund my purchase), as the Delay was So large, that it was throwing most of my existing sessions "Out of delay compensation range"

Now I'm "Really behind the times" with v5

Let me ask about Waves Tune for a second.... doest it have an "Auto Mode" like Autotune? or do you have to "capture" all audio into the plugin like Melodyne?

Occasionally on BGV's or "While we're working on a session" I'll throw an Autotune on the Scratch vocal, or lightly on Stacks of BGV's - sometimes Bass Guitar, violin, Sax etc... and any "Graphing" I'm going to do in Post... I do in Melodyne to properly finalize a session for Mix.

Wondering if Waves Tune is has a "Realtime Mode" just on insert ?

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFish View Post
Let me ask about Waves Tune for a second.... doest it have an "Auto Mode" like Autotune? or do you have to "capture" all audio into the plugin like Melodyne?

Wondering if Waves Tune is has a "Realtime Mode" just on insert ?
Like Melodyne it has to "learn" the audio, but unlike Melodyne it's not recording the audio because it's not doing any time edits on it. Think of it like Auto-Tune's graphic mode (pre Time in v7). It learns the pitch and makes a map of it.

It works real-time but also as Audiosuite which I use all the time on BVs and such.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:49 PM

Actually upgraded to v7.0.2 TDM today, and now have authorisation problems. Upgrading from Evo means.. that my V5 asset is no longer (this is a shame)

Evo still works perfectly, but opening V7 all is good for 30 seconds, then I get a window up saying it can't find an ilok auth, but when I hit retry.. it works again! and so on.

This is very repeatable.

I'm a PPC HD3 user G5 dual 2.3 with 10.5.8 and Pro Tools 8.0.1cs2, I guess that's bottom of the pile for them. I do have a feeling this maybe a pace issue?