Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2010, 11:55 PM

Default Thanks Benoni,,,,,,,,,,,

Benoni,,,,(and everyone else definitely),,,,,, sure appreciate your helping me get going, and get up and running with W7!!! Except for the freeze that a few of us are dealing with,,, I'm almost positive that I'm going to stick with it. By the way,,, I guess that I can just connect my old XP HDD by itself and run the W7 disk to reformat it,,,,, right? Or will I need one of those USB cases to plug the SATA drive into, and do the reformat with it? How have any of you done this in the past??? Thanks ,,,,,,,,,,, Mike
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |
Old 01-10-2010, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Thanks Benoni,,,,,,,,,,,

If you need to use the SATA drive for your system drive for W7.. then Yes.. just plug it in your PC via SATA and go through the setup...when it shows you your drive options.. delete the partition info on the SATA dive you plugged in and continue the install on that drive.

If you don't need to use the SATA drive for your system Drive... and you already have W7 running on another drive.. Then Plug the SATA drive in.. once you get into windows.. go to Start > Computer > Right Click the Drive you plugged in > Format. It will Delete everything and make the dive fresh and ready for back-ups or Audio or Samples.

If you are doing a Fresh install on W7 on your Drive.. i would recommend un plugging any other Drives in the PC while you are doing this to Ensure you don't make a mistake by formating your Audio drive because it was the same size or something.