Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 11:18 AM

Default CoreAudio not in my Audio setup utility

So I'm trying to figure out some issues I'm having with PT7.3 and Reason 3.0.5. Most pre-existing troubleshooting sources keep pointing to the CoreAudio manager, and settings I should check for it in the Apple Audio Utility. Alas, when I open Audio Utility, CoreAudio isn't even an option. It's just 'Built-In Audio' and that's that. Is this how it's supposed to be? Or should I be able to choose CoreAudio in the Audio Utility? Oh, and I'm on a G4 running 10.4.8 .

Thanks!
Eric

Addendum: I just tried it again and now 'Digidesign HW (002)' is showing up as an option. NOW then, what are the ideal settings for this? Is it good to just switch everything to 002 where possible? (I noticed 'System Output' cannot be changed from 'Built-In' status.