Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-20-2001, 01:46 PM

Default G4Port, Studio 5 and OMS Grief

Please help- I've tried lots of things but OMS still loses communication with the studio 5 after about 5 seconds at most, and it was working great the other day with version 5.01. We upgraded to 5.1 to use the beat detective, and since it was crashing fairly often, we went back to 5.0 (not 5.01) for tracking. Now OMS seems to see the studio 5 but does not respond for "test studio" or anything. I've reinstalled the G4Port drivers, removed Open Transport Serial Arbitrator from the ext. folder, and have reinstalled OMS 2.3.8. We are on a G4/400 with OS 9.0.4. I have read here that it might help if I remove all the other interface plug-ins from the OMS folder, and also if I re-seat the G4 Port modem card, but I have not had a chance to do this as we have a major label client here who needs to finish a song TODAY 5/20/01 and I would like to try to avoid pulling the G4 out of the rack if possible. Again, this was all working great the other night with OMS and the G4Port software installed just as it is today. Also, when OMS is launched, it says "the OMS Midisport driver cannot be loaded" but the MIDIsport extensions are disabled. Any info would be greatly appreciated, especially within the next hour or so...!
Old 05-20-2001, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default Re: G4Port, Studio 5 and OMS Grief

a couple of shots in the dark...

OMS/Studio 5 configurations sometimes simply lose MIDI communication. It may be necessary to go thru the Studio 5's Compatibility Setup and re-select ALL of the MIDI IN and MIDI OUT options - even if they are appear OK. This seems to re-establish the correct settings in the Studio 5. You can also reset the Studio 5 by power cycling it while holding down a button or 2 on the front. (I don't remember which ones)

BGP