How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2011, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Outputting Video

AFAIK MXO2 mini does NOT work with PT.
I am looking forward to using it or Blackmagic cards whenever Avid makes them available.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:57 AM

Default Outputting Video

just installed protools 9.0.1 on Windows 7 environment, and confirm Matrox Parhelia doesn't support video output, only works as DVI three monitors card.
Also confirm Canopus doesn't works.

Video satellite maybe could be a good option, but I think a combination of mutiport dvi card and converters could work better and cheaper.

Hey folks, apple or windows, how do you work at this moment?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:28 AM

Hi all, you all got me suprised, I had no idea the ADVC doesnt work on a PC. I am thinking about a solution to grab the monitor out (I have an extra DVI out) and convert it or add an extra video card.

Is the Blackmagic card compatible? Anyone uses it on a PC? Can I use an Intensity shuttle or Pro? or only Decklink cards? As far as I know the decklink can act as a graphics card so it might be the way the PT is tricked.

Any info appreciated

Balazs
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 AM

This is from the online PT help:

''High-resolution Windows Media video files play back accurately at normal speed on the Windows desktop or an external monitor with a qualified DirectShow output device"

that makes me think if PT on W7 should be based around WMP instead of QT - just like Avid MC is. I am looking around for a compatible file to test it.

edit - I tried a few wmv files. The small QT icon on the track head changes to a directshow logo. But firewire out is greyed out!!! How is this working? anybody had any idea? I paged thru Avid help and found it mentioning that QT FW out is mac only. Als said that Blackmagic cards are mac only. But it specifically says in tow different places that WMV VC-1 can be played to an external monitor. Cant find how...

Last edited by rbhun; 02-05-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: found info
Old 02-05-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhun View Post
This is from the online PT help:

''High-resolution Windows Media video files play back accurately at normal speed on the Windows desktop or an external monitor with a qualified DirectShow output device"

that makes me think if PT on W7 should be based around WMP instead of QT - just like Avid MC is. I am looking around for a compatible file to test it.
Where did you see this. I want to know more about this DirectShow support.

I'm currently working with 2 display cards and I'm still not getting 100% full screen playback (there is some window edge leftover).

Avid MC is still QT based AFAIK. There is however direct link to AMA folders that is new to MC5.

There is a rumor that the next Avid MC (6?) will support ANY video device. If its true this is huge in terms of Avid breaking their old traditional ways. Somewhat similar to what they did with PT9 supporting ASIO.

All that is left is to get PT9 to support any video card full screen+full resolution+accurate frame rate output - Like Matrox MXO2 mini or Blackmagic cards.

Who needs video satellite anyway? Thats like having 2 computers one for Audio and a second for MIDI.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 AM

@mano111: its (also) on PT9 manual pdf page 1145 (page 1167 in the pdf file). Also on page 1167 (p1189 in pdf) says:Pro Tools lets you output Windows Media (VC-1 AP) video to NTSC or PAL monitors via any de- vice that is compatible with standard Direct- Show output.

Now, what is a directshow output..?

Also, Avid MC on PC is WMV based, not QT. I have one.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 AM

I use IMac core i5 with digi 003 rack and a PT Le 8.0.4 system.

Recently, I bought a Cannopus advc 110.

simple Question...

Do i need DV Tool Kit to use video out firewire, to work with the ADVC 110?

cuz, so far this feature is blanked on my option window!

thanx a lot!