Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Default Pro Tools 11

Okay.....so 64Bit and offline bounce, HD video, no more DAE, low latency buffer, new metering, multiple mini meters, dynamic processing.......GREAT!!

But here's what. When PT 9 came out, I rapidly bought the $300 upgrade from PT8 to PT9 like I had done with every previous upgrade.....even though all the others were only $99 or so.

What happens? Not 3 months later...maybe even sooner.....PT10 came out. For yet another $300. I was so pissed it was another $300 that I did not buy it. Until a couple months ago or less. Several weeks.

Now....EFFING PT11 comes out and it is another $300!!!!! They have done it again!!!~!!!

But to upgrade from PT9 to PT 11....according to the Pro Tools Expert blog..... is only $399!!!!! So folks like me......are getting screwed!!! I could have waited and bought PT10 during the amnesty period for $300 rather than the $600 it will cost me. By not having a decent grandfather thing......they are favoring PT9 owners and screwing the rest of us out of $300.

How is this fair Avid? Please explain that to me and others. This is NOT FAIR Avid.

Not to mention the Academic pricing.

Also, I believe CPTK2 is going away. Dropped. But they will let you upgrade to 11 HD for.....$999!!!!!

Just what is going on? It's great they have offered amnesty to PT10 buyers from April 7th until 11 is released at which time it is a FREE UPGRADE. But screw the folks who just bought it. We don't count.

Man...........I am so pissed I can hardly speak. Someone please tell me I have this wrong......that the info at PT Expert Blog is off.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)