Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2011, 12:52 PM

Default I really love my Artist Mix but...

...Has anyone encountered this problem? I've just receive a brand new MC Mix, unboxed it, installed last Eucon software and last Firmware...Everything went fine but the LCD Display on the second Channel doesn't work at all ! Even the Euphonix logo doesn't appear during the boot! I wanted to know if it was only my unit or has it happened to some of you guys? Just to know if it's not "a factory serie known issue", just like the power harness on the first Digi 002R. Of course I'm gonna use my warranty !

Also I'd like to know...I have a stereo track (a synth with Xpand), how do you switch between the left pan knob (display as L Pan) to the right pan Knob (R Pan I presume!)...
Thank you
DIY Intel Core 2 Quad, P5B Premium,DDR2 6GB, Win 7 Ultimate.
PTLE 8.0.4
002R Unit and MBox Mini
SSL XLogic Alpha Channel.
SPL Goldmike valve Preamp.
DBX Analog Compressors, Gate and Eq.
Monster Cables
Home made & Neutrik Patchbay.
Brauner, Shure, Seinnheiser and T.Bone mikes.
Tannoy 8D Active monitors.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:31 PM

Default Re: I really love my Artist Mix but...

On saturday I bought 1 MC Mix and checked out the other two they had in the store (all brand new) + I have an older one at home - I've never even heard of the error you discribe.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 PM

My LCDs have been fine. I'm on my 3rd MC Mix for a problem I haven't seen mentioned by anyone else. A fader stops responding to touch. It will follow the on fader in the mix window, all other functions operate on the channel but if you try to adjust it, it won't auto select on touch or budge if you try and move it. On the first unit, it was channel one. It was replaced and on the second it was channel 7. Now after only a month, channel 3 is doing it, although it seems to have fixed itself again. I've got the latest firmware, eu on software and pro tools 9.02 HD.

It seems so odd that I would have the same problem on 3 different units that I wonder if something in my setup is killing the touch faders. Btw, taking off the plastic caps and touching the metal directly doesn't help when it locks up. I'm expecting this problem to become permanent soon since this is what happened with the other two units.

Last edited by Neale Eckstein; 04-20-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Typos from ipad
Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale Eckstein View Post
My LCDs have been fine. I'm on my 3rd MC Mix for a problem I haven't seen mentioned by anyone else. A fader stops responding to touch. It will follow the on fader in the mix window, all other functions operate on the channel but if you try to adjust it, it won't auto select on touch or budge if you try and move it. On the first unit, it was channel one. It was replaced and on the second it was channel 7. Now after only a month, channel 3 is doing it, although it seems to have fixed itself again. I've got the latest firmware, eu on software and pro tools 9.02 HD.

It seems so odd that I would have the same problem on 3 different units that I wonder if something in my setup is killing the touch faders. Btw, taking off the plastic caps and touching the metal directly doesn't help when it locks up. I'm expecting this problem to become permanent soon since this is what happened with the other two units.
it may be lack of conductivity with your fingers.. there are various reasons for this which I can't recall at the moment
Old 04-21-2011, 04:14 AM

I've been through that with Mackie stuff. Gotten other people to try, put hand cream on my finger tips. Seems like then it should affect multiple faders and the problem would move around.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale Eckstein View Post

I had a similar issue on 1 of my 4 mixes on fader 1 for a day just a month or so ago. Then it was gone and so far has not come back. Very puzzling...