Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 08:41 PM

Default Digi 001 not showing as computer sound card

Hello everyone, I'm newly registered as a member here although I have often searched this forum for valuable information & suggestions. The problem I'm having is that since I changed my Pro Tools computer from an Asus A7V 333 to an Asus A7V 600 my digi 001 no longer shows up on my computer as an option for Sound Forge wav playback or system sounds. It shows up as my default midi playback but it no longer shows on wav playback. Is this normal for this motherboard. My Asus pentium mb did'nt have this problem either. HELP anyone. I need to premaster a couple of projects but the built-in mb sound is very noisy at times. Thanks in advance
Old 09-01-2004, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Digi 001 not showing as computer sound card

Hi M,

I am not sure if the 001 is the same as the 002 WRT sound card usage, but I was told when I got my new Carrilon PC with the 002, Carrilon told me if I want to use ANY other audio application I would need to first route the sound through ANOTHER soundcard & into the 002 to get any playback using the desk. I was horrified & it has made my opinion of PT hardware compatability go down yet another peg & also mean't I had to spend more cash on another soundcard to do what I wanted the darn thing for in the first place!

I have also made several queries on this forum in the past & they just go unnoticed & dissappear, so don't expect much help here.

There was a useful guy here called where02190 & is IMO a bit of a guru on these subjects, however he got banned from this forum for some unknown reason (even though I thought the tchnical moderators didn't have time to answer queries here, but they found time to watch individual posts?) where02190 can only be found on the Mackie Users Forum now, you can post anything there & get pro help almost instantly.

I am curious how it worked for you before, maybe someone will pipe up & make digi-design go up a little in my expectations of compatability.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Stag
Old 09-01-2004, 03:01 AM

M Molina,

I assume you have loaded the wave driver (Sound Forge doesn't do ASIO). If you haven't already done so, download the MMEHelper app and run it to see if the Sound Forge executable (Foreg60.exe, Forge70.exe, Forge32.exe, etc.)shows to be registered. If not, hit the Add button and navigate to the Sound Forge executable file.

Hope this does it for you.

Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .
Old 09-01-2004, 07:21 AM

Quote:
I have also made several queries on this forum in the past & they just go unnoticed & dissappear, so don't expect much help here.

There was a useful guy here called where02190 & is IMO a bit of a guru on these subjects, however he got banned from this forum for some unknown reason
People get much help here everyday,sorry that you haven't.
As for your second statement, the reason is well known.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:39 AM

Come on Stag.
This is only your second post... this one in response to someone elses question.

Your first original question is here:
http://tinyurl.com/4h3rh
Personally, I had no answer since you are dealing with a specific list of equipment I don't have access to.
May be no one here does...
I don't think you were intentionally ignored.

As Bazzle pointed out, there are multiple threads, both here and on the Mac side, that explain in detail what happened to where02190.

Welcome Molina.
As for using Digi as your general soundcard.
Yes you can have this function without a second soundcard.
No, it's not related to your motherboard.

Quote:
Faq #30
30. Q: How do I use the Digi soundcard to play other sounds beside the ProTools application?

A: Download and install the Digi Wavedriver. That will supply you with two channels of audio to run other .wav applications such as Windows Media player, System Sounds (if you must hear the boings and blinks of Windows) and most anything else that outputs to a .wav device.

Here's a link to the Wave driver downloads.
http://www.digidesign.com/download/wave/

There are also countless post's in the DUC database refering to this issue... including this one on the front page right now.
http://tinyurl.com/6taym

(Follow Rail's advice to repair a failed installation.)

Also, download the wave driver document for which ever version you happen to be dealing with from here:
http://www.digidesign.com/support/docs/

The install/uninstall/reinstall procedure is specific.

In addition, with PT 6.x, we have Rewire and ASIO features that allow full multitrack use with compatable applications.

Good luck.