Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2012, 10:34 PM

Default DAE Transport controls inoperative

I recently installed Pro Tools 10.2 HD in one of our studios. It was up and running, fully functional. However, there is a problem with the session not responding to transport commands, specifically "play", "scrub", "record", or any command requiring audio output, including auditioning files to import. The first time this came up, relaunching Pro Tools fixed it. On subsequent instances, I had to re-install the 10.2 software. Then I discovered that deleting the Digidesign Databases and Preferences, following the instructions for Windows 7 Optimization from the Windows Guide - Windows 7 Optimizations and Troubleshooting fixes the problem. However, this is somewhat time consuming. This situation comes up when I open up an existing session after working in another session. I have a tech support request in on this matter, but was hoping someone has encountered and handled this situation. Any insight on this? Best Regards, Nick Cancilla, Audio Engineer at Golden Era Productions.