Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2020, 12:44 AM

Default ProTools not seeing Sync HD

Hi everyone. I'm using PT12.5 on a 2010 12 core Mac Pro. It was working fine for years, but then my friend brought in a session he created on his system using a newer PT version 2019.6.0. He was using clip FX, so I installed his PT newer version and plugged in his ilok and everything worked fine for his session. After he left, I re-installed my v12.5 software, and now ProTools doesn't see my Sync HD. I ran DigiTest and it does see the Sync HD and I was able to re-install the firmware (v2.21). Same Sync HD, same serial cable, same OS, everything is plugged firmly in, etc. The only thing that changed was the installation of 2019.6.0, which I then uninstalled and re-installed my v12.5.

When it was working, I seem to remember a check box that said "Enable Sync Peripheral" somewhere in the menus. I checked Setup/peripherals, Preferences, as well as the Hardware Setup, and I don't see it anywhere, so it looks like it's not being recognized.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Ellis Burman
Old 09-02-2020, 01:16 AM

Default Re: ProTools not seeing Sync HD

If it is recognised the option you mentioned appears in the Peripherals/Synchronization menu. That being said.. did check DigiTest? It has a menu for the Sync HD.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:59 PM

I trashed PT prefs, reinstalled the 12.5 HD driver (in case it is different from the driver that 2019.6.0 installed) and updated the Sync HD firmware again and rebooted. Still didn't work. So I gave up. The next day, I started my system and it works! Maybe it just needed a cold boot instead of a restart?
Old 09-10-2020, 12:38 AM

So amazingly, I booted my system again the next day, and now its NOT seeing the Sync HD again! I guess I'll try re-installing PT and the HD driver.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:26 AM

I tried re-installing PT 12.5 and the HD driver, but my Sync HD is still not recognized. I suppose I should check my Sync HD on another system and make sure that the hardware is OK.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:43 AM

12.5 HD driver is outdated of you are using 2019.6 you need to install that new driver
Old 10-09-2020, 10:44 PM

I checked my Sync HD on another system and it works fine. I re-installed the HD driver on my system and PT still doesn't recognize my Sync HD. I wonder if running a newer version of PT could've done something to my HD Native card?

What else should I try?

Thanks,

Ellis
Old 10-10-2020, 02:22 AM

Contacting Avid Support perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burmansound View Post
I checked my Sync HD on another system and it works fine. I re-installed the HD driver on my system and PT still doesn't recognize my Sync HD. I wonder if running a newer version of PT could've done something to my HD Native card?

What else should I try?

Thanks,

Ellis

Any luck figuring out what's wrong with your SYNC HD? I'm having a very similar issue.