Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-14-2004, 05:38 AM

Default Anyone still using Pro Tools 5.1 LE?

I've been using the 001 for years and I have seen all the upgrades for it, but the strange thing is that I'm still using 5.1. I just seem to get better performane from it?!?
Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather use windows XP than ME but my P4 1.4GHz with 512Mb seems to work better with Windows ME & Pro Tools 5.1 LE.
Anyone else noticed this or has everyone upgraded to the latest CPU+XP+PT6.4?
Cheers...
Old 06-12-2004, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Anyone still using Pro Tools 5.1 LE?

I'm still hanging in there with an AMIII, Win 98SE and LE 5.1.1. It works great and is rock solid. I just can't see laying out the money for XP, a faster PC to run it on, and LE 6.X. I am recording acoustic/folk/country based songs and I have never needed to use 24 tracks yet!! I am glad I am not the last Win98 user left on the planet!

bilco
Old 03-17-2005, 06:05 AM

-

Last edited by smit1_uk; 02-13-2020 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:45 PM

get XP, get a dualboot-system, get ptle 5.3.1 (Free download if i am correct for 5.1 owners) and see what the fuzz is all about.

Bastiaan
Old 03-17-2005, 01:48 PM

I've been using 5.1 LE 001 since 2001 with windows 98SE.Reason not wanting the change to 6x and XP is because of the plug-ins I had bought through the years, which would not function if I upgraded.I have a comment though- I have never had any crashes or major problems with this set-up.I run ProTools about 12-18 hours a day either recording, editing or mixing at my studio for all of those years with 24 tracks, plug-ins and all, and only week ago I had to do post-audio stuff which I captured from an Adat HD (24 tracks) and got it through via optical and spent 12 hours transferring it to PT, 8 tracks for a concert that lasted for 3 hours.Never had a single glitch.Total memory was 50 gig, and when I went into editing (about 70 hours)next day onwards, I expected some horryfying hiccups.Beleive it or not - there were none.Not even a hint of it.I guess with all that new technology and complicated upgrades and i-locks and updating waves plug-ins information and stuff,computers, Windows and ProTools only get better with functions but lack the stableness it had initially.But,I do wish I had these things though, like having Reason or Amplitude or the latest plug ins will be cool.Well --- you can't have it all.I'm happy the way I am now.Hopefully- next, a 002 with Win XP as a second computer.Then only will I belong to the real world, and all the stuff I was reading on this forum will hog my life.Got to get ready for power harness, software bugs,more problems with waves,i-locks,midistuff and god knows what.Why do I want to put myself into this dreadful world upgrades and more upgrades- I don't know.Hopefully the manufactures are taking the responsibility for whatever they invent, or they can just sit back and call it Globalisaion. Cheers!!