Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-09-2008, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Digi - Congrats on the Transfuser Plug - Awesome

Without intending to inflame passions too much:

It has always been my experience with any new technology that comes out that the best "presets" (which IMO are the old-time equivalent of pre-made content) are exploited quite quickly by composers who recognize their intrinsic quality. After that those sounds are forever associated with the successful piece that exploited them, and re-uses sound derivative. The composers who identified the unique quality of those sounds are usually the pros who are actively searching for new sounds, not the hacks who come in later.

This means that in the next few months we're going to hear a huge radio hit or two that exploit the Transfuser properly, and in 3 or 4 years it will have passed into the common music vernacular, like record scratches in the 90s or AutoTune in the 00s. The relative abilities of pros vs. hacks are discernible by music consumers, even if they can't put their fingers on what separates them, and although the poolside music may still come from the latter, the pro composers with the wit and artistry required to create original loops to Transfuse will still always sit higher on the charts.

Rig 1: 2.8GHz Macbook Pro PT 12.7.1 Logic 10.3.2 Scarlett 18i20
Rig 2: 2.66 QuadCore Intel Xeon Logic 10.2.0 Scarlett 18i20 PTHD10.3.10
Old 05-09-2008, 09:13 AM

Sonny - That was incredibly accurate and well written.

25 G's - I've been meaning to tell you for months how much I enjoy / learn from your posts.

best

scott
Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Without intending to inflame passions too much:

It has always been my experience with any new technology that comes out that the best "presets" (which IMO are the old-time equivalent of pre-made content) are exploited quite quickly by composers who recognize their intrinsic quality. After that those sounds are forever associated with the successful piece that exploited them, and re-uses sound derivative. The composers who identified the unique quality of those sounds are usually the pros who are actively searching for new sounds, not the hacks who come in later.

This means that in the next few months we're going to hear a huge radio hit or two that exploit the Transfuser properly, and in 3 or 4 years it will have passed into the common music vernacular, like record scratches in the 90s or AutoTune in the 00s. The relative abilities of pros vs. hacks are discernible by music consumers, even if they can't put their fingers on what separates them, and although the poolside music may still come from the latter, the pro composers with the wit and artistry required to create original loops to Transfuse will still always sit higher on the charts.
Agreed. Here's to 3-4 years of crap!!! LOL

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:51 PM

transfuser may not be revolutionary but has nice combination of fx (packed into one plug) which makes it a great tool to do creative sound tweaking (especially for film work imo)
have been playing with it a lot and will definitely buy it
as i said before untalented people are untalented no matter what kind of music and what tools they use...
Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 PM

Does it work in 7.3?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:31 AM

How do the steel guitars and fiddles sound?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Wow, more ways for untalented people to make generic sounding crap that's you'd hear poolside in Las Vegas. *only half joking*

Now, before you get in an uproar.....granted this will be a tool that expands artists abilities and some people will make good stuff with it but...... maybe I'm too cynical.
agreed - autotune for bad/lazy programmers......

I've done a lot of this kind of stuf in the 90's - this sort of tool just trivialises the whole concept of electronica....
Old 05-10-2008, 01:14 PM

plug-in is kinda wack / boring IMHO; and i'm kinda over the phil jackson dude also.

and the name "Transfuser"; was that the brainchild of the marketing department?

and please, please digi don't start selling your equivalent of Jam Packs; oh god please don't...it's so my favorite dig to use on my logic user friends..."at least my DAW doesn't use Jam Packs..." it really wins every time.

and if you do, i'm sure they will be called "Transfuser Injections", or "Plasma Refills" or you'll start naming them after blood types..."the kicks on the "Type A Positive" are really banging."

ok, back to nursing my hangover.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:48 PM

I´m with 25G on this, - I think this plug is awesome and dont really get what all the complaning is about - sertainly not the comments that all is going to sound the same.. I mean, yesterday I was fidling with some loops of my own and got some pretty amazing sounds out of this thing, - I can gurantee they are not sounding like anything else;-)

Cheers

Euro-Sound Studio
www.euro-sound.org
Old 05-11-2008, 11:14 AM

Anybody else having trouble authorizing this?