Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2003, 06:05 AM

Default Discrete Drums Version 2 Individual Hits

I am hoping someone can help me out. I purchased this fine set of drum samples on ebay. It appears my CD that is suppose to have individual percusion and drum hits only contains percusion hits. The people at discrete drums will not respond to emails, because I am not the original owner. Does anyone have this wonderful set of drum samples that can help me out????

Thanks,

Jody
[email protected]
Old 11-29-2003, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Discrete Drums Version 2 Individual Hits

From Discretedrums.com:
Quote:
The Discrete Drums Series Two Professional Set includes:

11 CD Roms filled with 24 bit drum and percussion tracks in a multitrack format

4 CD Roms of 16 bit Stereo Wav loop files for convenience and quick song layout (fully Acidized).

1 CD Rom containing individual drum and percussion samples in 24 bit Wav format

2 Audio CDs containing all drum and percussion tracks for easy auditioning

18 discs - 33 songs - 743 drum segments - 133 percussion loops - Wood storage case

A memeber of the forum named Sparky1 bought Discrete Drums. If you find his profile, you can email him directly with any questions.

Now for the greedy part - I use Reeldrums and I love them. Can you shed some light on Discrete - there are a lot of guys on the forum that would like to hear from someone using them - sound, playing quality and variety, Ease of inserting in PT, ease of manipulating loops and regions, etc.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 11-29-2003, 07:08 AM

Jody.

I also have Discrete Drums, and it´s very, very good!!
You must have pretty expensive equipment, a super studio, and a good enginer to match the quality of the recordings on "Discrete Drums!

It is also fantastic to work with, and gives your recordings a very "Pro" feeling if you take your time and "compose" the arrangement realistic!

On pre-productions I use different loops, and when it´s time to "finish it of" I use the CD where you have all the individual hits(snares, snare room, hi-hats, bassdrum etc), and compose in 24-bit!

It is SO easy to cut & paste & edit the files in Pro Tools, and I don´t really have any use for, say, Live, or any other app!
After all tracking is done, I take the mix with me to my friends studio(TDM), and run various instruments through distressors, D.W fearns , and mix on A.D.A.M S3A monitors(1 class equipment!!) and, technically, the results are fantastic!

Discrete Drums is a fantastic platform to build the rest of the arrangement on...

It is odd that you don´t have the rest of the drums on the "DRUM AND PERCUSSION STEREO SAMPLES 24 BIT" CD?It should be there..

Are you sure you have the original set?

KK.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:35 AM

I agree, this set is very easy to use and sounds really good. it sure beats trying to get those sounds with sub standard mics, pre-amps, and room space. I believe I have the original set. When I received it, I have all 18 discs, the cool looking box, the initial little manual, and all of the cd's appear to be original, although, I have no idea on how to check. When I insert the "Drum and percusion stereo samples 24 Bit," it mounts as "One World Percusion" and it only contains the percusion files. Do you have any suggestions on how to aquire the other indivdual drum files.

Thanks,

Jody
[email protected]
Old 11-29-2003, 09:09 AM

Yes I do!

Open a session in Pro Tools.
Go to "Audio"(The heading of all your files in the session)> "import Audio"> scroll and find the cd, you should have 3 alternatives:
"Drums Dry"
"Drums Room Only"
"Percussion samples"
And thats It really!

Oh, another thing: when you "compose" drums this way, you end up with a lot of tracks!(They are all in stereo, and if u split them to mono you dont get the "full" sound.)

On my current project I´m using 26 tracks on only drums and percussions(!! )He, he...

What I do is I bounce them to a stereo mix, turn voices off on the 26 tracks, and later if I want to change anything, I just go back to the original tracks...
KK.

Old 11-29-2003, 10:12 AM

When I do that, all I get to load is the percusion samples, and percusion loops. There is no sign of drums dry or drums room. Unless someone will email or send the .wav files, it looks like I am S.O.L Thanks, for your help

Jody
[email protected]