Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2016, 02:00 AM

Default Eleven Rack Stopped Receiving MIDI data?

I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue?

I have an Eleven Rack, and a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro Unit.

I have spent the last 4 days getting all of my presets in order, and programming the GCPro. Once I got all the settings correct, it worked excellent! 4 days I had absolutely No issues.

This evening, my first gig with the GCPro,.. I plugged it all in, same as it was the days before, but when I used the pedal,.. nothing changed on the 11R. The pedal was not doing anything as far as the 11R was concerned! The pedal itself, was working fine, and showing the bank changes as it normally does. I ended up playing the whole gig with a single channel, and no FX,... :/

As I got home,. it was driving my crazy, why is it not working? so I have been troubleshooting! This is what I found,...

When I plug OUT of GCP, IN to USB MIDI-link, it shows signal each time I press a button on GCP. That leads me to think GCP is working just fine.

When I plug OUT of 11R, IN to MIDI-Link,.. it also shows signal, when I change presets.

When I plug OUT of GCP, IN to 11R, then OUT of 11R, IN to MIDI-link, then enable THRU in the 11R MIDI menu,... and press a button on GCP,.. it should, by all rights, go Thru the 11R,.. and show a signal at the MIDI-link, however it shows nothing.

I am thinking that, either, the MIDI in jack got tweaked on my 11R some how, or, there is some type of Electronic glitch. Has anyone else ever had any issue like this?

Last edited by Vultage; 03-17-2016 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Stopped Receiving MIDI data?

A common problem is just MIDI address errors. Are the device addresses really What you think they are? Not accidently changed/reset?
Old 03-17-2016, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Stopped Receiving MIDI data?

Yes, I did check that a few times,.. as I kept hoping that was the issue,..

But, unfortunately, that is not the case,.. I also did try using a different channel instead of 1,.. just in case that may have had an issue,. but nothing changed.

11R is on Omni(all) or 1,... and GCP is set to output CH1, for everything.

Thank You for the reply tho,.. I so wish, that was the only problem!