Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 PM

Default I can't punch in Pro Tools 10.3.3 unreal

If theres an Avid tech guy reading this PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME WHATS GOING ON HERE!

I thought I fixed this problem Ive NEVER had before since 2007. Now I go to bounce down to another track and it WILL NOT RECORD. The red light just flashes on and off thats it! I have NO clue to what is going on here. PLZ HELP.

Ok God forbid one of you find yourself in the this situation. I can at least share a solution with you that I did on my own. If you can find a better one. More power to you.

I created a NEW SESSION and I IMPORTED original every track into my new session. Then I copied over all of the audio files folder as well. Now I have NO problem bouncing down when I record onto a new track. I dont know why I couldn’t do this with my first original tracks. I set I/O to default I imported a I/O from another song that works fine with this.

Cheers.

LOOK IT THIS FORUM. 65 PEOPLE READ THIS SO FAR NOT ONE KNOWS A SOLUTION!
IF I WASN'T A CIVILIZED MAN YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ID LIKE TO TRULY CURSE AVIDS PRO TOOLS!

HEY AVID! HOW ABOUT STARTING BY ADDING A ZOOM FEATURE IN YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE SO PEOPLE CAN AT LEAST READ YOUR DAMN INFO!!! LET ALONE MAKE ANYTHING OUT WITH YOUR DAMN PICTURE ILLUSTRATIONS!! AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL IN 2013 ARENT WE??!!

What a joke! I just imported i/o settings form another song that works fine! but I STILL CANT RECORD A BOUNCE DOWN FROM ONE TRACK TO ANOTHER! Friging joke!

Tonight I open an older session on Pro tools 10.3.3 that I recored with pro tools 10.0

I cant bounce down to another track. But I can on my other songs.

I have it set to quick punch. I have the track record enable and I cant record. It just flashes on and off. Someone please help.

WHY ISNT THERE ANY INFO ON THIS GEEZ!!!!!! I'VE SEARCHED THIS FORUM AND AVIDS SO CALLED KNOWLEDGE BASE! I CANT FIND ANY ANSWERS! IVE BEEN A PRO TOOLS USER SINCE 2007! NOW THIS! IVE CHECKED I/O SET IT TO DEFAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have windows 7 pro. Mbox pro 2, rosetta 200, 18 gigs, i7 processor.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 AM

Default I can't punch in Pro Tools 10.3.3 unreal

You tried trashing your pref an restarting right?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 PM

Default Re: I can't punch in Pro Tools 10.3.3 unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
LOOK IT THIS FORUM. 65 PEOPLE READ THIS SO FAR NOT ONE KNOWS A SOLUTION!
IF I WASN'T A CIVILIZED MAN YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ID LIKE TO TRULY CURSE AVIDS PRO TOOLS!

HEY AVID! HOW ABOUT STARTING BY ADDING A ZOOM FEATURE IN YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE SO PEOPLE CAN AT LEAST READ YOUR DAMN INFO!!! LET ALONE MAKE ANYTHING OUT WITH YOUR DAMN PICTURE ILLUSTRATIONS!! AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL IN 2013 ARENT WE??!!

What a joke! I just imported i/o settings form another song that works fine! but I STILL CANT RECORD A BOUNCE DOWN FROM ONE TRACK TO ANOTHER! Friging joke!

WHY ISNT THERE ANY INFO ON THIS GEEZ!!!!!! I'VE SEARCHED THIS FORUM AND AVIDS SO CALLED KNOWLEDGE BASE! I CANT FIND ANY ANSWERS! IVE BEEN A PRO TOOLS USER SINCE 2007! NOW THIS! IVE CHECKED I/O SET IT TO DEFAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have windows 7 pro. Mbox pro 2, rosetta 200, 18 gigs, i7 processor.

Thanks
I understand you're frustrated, but I think it would help if you would describe step-by-step what you are trying to do, and how you're going about doing it. It doesn't seem like a problem with the software, at least from what you're describing, because no one else seems to have a problem "bouncing" tracks - if what you're calling bouncing is what most of us consider bouncing to be. Are you trying to Bounce To Disk, or record one or more tracks down to another track, or something else entirely?? A SANDRA would help too. Do you have Dynamic Transport enabled or Transport Online??

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 PM

If you imported session data, I found I had to reassign the outputs and inputs in I/O options but most importantly in the tracks themselves. I found I had a choice between italicized "out 1 and 2" or the normal "ouput 1 and 2". It seemed to create an alias output so I could hear the file when playing back but it wouldn't end up in the bounce.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 PM

Make sure you assign the right inputs and outputs in your tracks if you are bouncing to a track.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
If theres an Avid tech guy reading this PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME WHATS GOING ON HERE!

I thought I fixed this problem Ive NEVER had before since 2007. Now I go to bounce down to another track and it WILL NOT RECORD. The red light just flashes on and off thats it! I have NO clue to what is going on here. PLZ HELP.

Thanks
David why are you suffering so much
por que sufres tanto, a lo mejor te puedo ayudar
I7 950
RAM 24Gb corsair 1600 (3 sticks)
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro