Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2009, 07:58 PM

Default Switching from M-Powered PT 7.4 to LE 8.0 region placement issue

I've lurked here for awhile, because I've never had a question that didn't get answered at some point here. But now I think I've got one! I just recently ditched my M-Audio Delta in-favor of a used Digi 002 which I acquired on the cheap.

My problem is that I also decided to upgrade to LE 8.0 from the old 7.4 M-powered version of pro-tools, and now my old sessions aren't loading properly. All the regions (audio tracks) start at the beginning of the session, regardless of their original placement in time. Re-arranging them all would be incredibly time consuming. Is there anyway to get Pro-Tools to load these properly?

This is pretty frustrating, and basic searches have yielded nothing so far. I figured I'd post here.

Anyway, thanks for your help if you've got it.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Switching from M-Powered PT 7.4 to LE 8.0 region placement issue

I don't know why you're having that problem, but you could try setting up a new session with the same tempo map and importing the tracks from your old session. Personally I consolidate my regions so that they're all the same length starting at the very beginning - even if there's just one note on a track at the end of a song. Yeah it takes up more hard drive space, but I want to avoid the problem you're having - plus it makes things easier if you need to import the tracks into a different program.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 11-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Hmm... I may give that a shot in a back up version of a session.

Is there a simple command to consolidate the tracks like you said? I've done that a few times, but by mapping silent audio regions to the blank spaces. Again, this can be rather time consuming.

Thanks for your advice, still hoping there is a quicker solution so I don't have to do that with 10-20 session files.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:03 PM

You need to actually open the old session to consolidate the tracks. Once its open, zoom way OUT so the entire song fits on the edit window. Click after the end of the song on any audio track and drag the mouse all the way left to 00:00:000 and hit Ctrl=Alt-3 to consolidate. Now if you start at the top track end, and drag across to 00:00:00 AND drag down to the beginning of the bottom track, the command will consolidate ALL the audio tracks in one shot(but it will take a few minutes for it to finish). There are other tricks as well, but this is the quick and dirty way to "git er done".

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Avid

Hold a minute - you're opening M-Powered 7.4 sessions in LE 8.0 and having this problem?

If that's the case, there's something far more wrong here - all LE, HD and MP sessions are interchangeable, so these should open up exactly like they did when you were using M-Powered.

Do you have a different system you could open one of these sessions on to verify if it's happening only on your machine or if it happens on any machine?

Have you tried trashing preferences yet? I would definitely start there, as it may easily clear up the problem.

Once I know the answer to the question about opening it on another machine, I'll be able to give you further instructions to help save these sessions.