Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 AM

Default Misaligned fader solution

I was having the misaligned fader issue similar to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SucS...153&lf=mh_lolz

Problem:
Fader does not register its full range of values. When pushed all the way up, the fader did not register 1028 like all of the other faders, it only registered a value of 920 or so. So it would be impossible to use this fader to push a track to +12db, it may only go up to +9 or +10 or so. Also when Pro Tools shows a group of 8 tracks with the same gain, the faders would be straight across the board except the faulty fader that would be slightly higher than the rest.

Solution:
Remove the base plate of the Command 8.
Gently disconnect the plastic connector that links the faulty fader and the main board. Mine was quite firm and I used a small flathead screwdriver to carefully loosen the connection. I inserted the flat part between the connector segments and twisted the tool to loosen them up.
Reseat the connector.

This worked for me, your mileage may vary.

PS: Avid, if this is an acceptable solution, please sticky it. This common problem seems to be easily fixed with no cost, very little time and very low risk of damage to the unit.

-Scott