Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2015, 01:52 PM

Default HELP NEEDED! Multiple region edits at once?

Hello all,

I've been an HD user for years and I've always lurked, but never posted. Today I ran into an issue that is driving me mad, so I signed up hoping one of you brains new the answer. He goes nothing...

I'm working on a HUGE project for a drum sample library (over 140GB at 48k). I've made all the edits and fades, mixed everything, and printed the mix to new tracks. This printed are, obviously, now one massive region, versus all of the original tracks were edited. Is there any way to select all of the original edited regions at once, without the space in between each region (like you can with the object tool), and apply the edit start and stop points to the printed track below all at once? I can't imagine there isn't a way to do this.

Based on everything I can find, I'll have to select the original edit, drop the selection down to the track below using ";" and then used "Cmd + E" to separate the selection for every single hit. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50,000 hits! Is there an easier way to do this? Any help is SERIOUSLY appreciated.