Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 09:02 AM

Default DIGI TECH Support....WHERE ARE YOU?

Hello, how soon will you have a fix for this mbox2 pro underflow error fix? I've posted numerous times, you've NEVER replied to ANY of my posts. I've spent money on the 30-day FREE tech support. FREE? It costs money to call you guys and be on hold for 20 minutes! IF your going to have a FREE tech support line, GET A toll free LINE!!! Last time I called you told me just unplug and plug my mbox2 pro's firewire cable. What kind of duct tape tech support is this?
People I like Pro Tools, I left for awhile to what now really seems like a better D.A.W. I like the ease of Pro Tools and yes...... bands trust hearing you use Pro Tools, than any other D.A.W. But this is pathetic, "plug and unplug out "Pro" unit? FIX THIS (error -6085) PROBLEM please!! THANKS!
Long....Long.....Long time Digi user!
Once again......
OSX 10.4.8
G5 Power PC Dual 2.0Ghz
2.5 gigs of RAM
P.T.L.E. 7.3.1

GORILLA
Old 01-22-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: DIGI TECH Support....WHERE ARE YOU?

they're sleeping behind the Logic panel @ NAMM. they wont b able 2 hear U!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Avid

Gorilla - due to the number of posts here on the DUC, it is impossible for us to reply to every one. If you need direct assistance and don't want to pay for phone support, you can always use the Tech Support Request Form.

In answer to your query - we are working on the problem. Unfortunately I do not have a specific date that this will be addressed. We will post further information as soon as it's available.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Deleted my post because you didn't like it.
Now that's pretty typical.
Still doesn't change the fact that communication has been going down hill with tech support.
Fixes problems is always nice but responding is also important.
And don't let it be a question about 6.9, you'll never get a response.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Administrator

So far in the month of January 2007, Digi Tech Support in the US/Canada have answered 955 tech support requests sent using the tech support request form, none from your registered email address here on the DUC. There are 7 emails that are currently open and not yet answered, with the oldest being sent on Friday the 19th. The other 6 came in today.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:40 AM

OK so the automated reply I got on the 12th must count as a response since it the only reply I ever received and that's definitely older than the 19th.

Also this the DUC not Digi-support so why would the log in info be the same?
At any rate you guys are doing a great job solving problems and responding to inquiries, don't mind me I just another user.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:41 PM

O.K. Figured I'd better 'bump' this before it gets lost into oblivion of threads. So........ digi, what's the word? I've had this mbox2 pro for 22 days and it's yet to run proper! I got it right when you released your 7.3.1 version. I've called..... I've E-Mailed a few times. There's many here with this cool but problematic unit/ version. When will there be a fix? All I've gotten for 20 some days is "we're working on it." Kind of reminds me of that old T.V. commercial where the Car shop owner tells the lady on the phone he has three of his best guys on her car. Then they show the garage and yep...they're on it alright! Sitting on it! What's going on Digi? Fix your latest software version, before worrying about those synths and tape emulation plug-ins.... otherwise what are we going to use them in? I really like moving forward, not in reverse.

Thanks

GORILLA
Old 02-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Avid

Gorilla - we are still working on it. That is the only answer I can give at the moment because, until a fix is in place and verfied, any speculation about the date is just that - speculation. We could *think* we have a fix until the last day of testing when the problem is found to not be resolved - it's happened before and may happen again, thus the inability to project a date for you. Be assured that we *are* working on it and, should I get any info that is helpful or informative in any way, I will be sure to let everyone know.

I can say that this issue seems to only happen on PPC Macs and is exacerbated by having a firewire drive on the same bus, if that's of any help.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Thank you!
I have the MBox2 pro hooked to the frontside FW port of my PPC G5. Thanks for replying!

GORILLA
Old 02-01-2007, 08:24 PM

The current Digidesign fix, from what I understand, is to unplug then plug back in your Mbox2Pro. Well, what do you do if that doesn't work?!? I too have emailed tech support with NO response whatsoever... If only I had a chance to call during their business hours and be in front of my gear. I can confirm that the problem seems to be only with PPC macs, as 7.3.1 works great on my laptop (macbook). But, that's not where I want it. I need it on my Dual 1G G4 and this unplug-plug nonsense is just that... So my question is this - what suggestion do you have for someone who is not relieved of this issue through the unplug and replug suggestion. I've had a useless unit for a month now just like the last poster and am quite frustrated. I've been offered more help from the guys at sweetwater instead of Digi over this issue and thats not even where I bought it.

What I've done thus far on my dual 1G G4, OS 10.4.8, with 1G Ram and PT 7.3.1:
- Ran projects off of a dedicated internal scsi drive, seperate internal ATA drive, and external firewire drive - none relieved this buffer underrun issue.
- Repaired permissions (in Single-User mode)
- Trashed Preferences (in Single-User mode)
- Re-installed PT
- Re-installed operating system and ProTools
- Removed all third party plugins
- Unplugged after boot up and plugged back in
- Booted with unit unplugged then plugged in after full boot
- Attempted a new session created in 7.3.1 with ONE audio track and no plugins
- Cleared and rotated caches and logs as Root User

None of this resolves anything - probably a driver issue? I can say that every other PT interface I've tested on my G4 has worked fine with 7.3.1 - DIGI002, Mbox1, Mbox2 (USB)... My next attempt at keeping myself from sending this unit back to DIGI and demand my mula back is to run the interface off of a separate FW PCI card. Anyone had any luck with this? Its my last hope. I can always revert back to 7.1 and that system works great, but I personally need some of the 7.3.1 features, like exporting to Sibelius. This unit was supposed to relieve me of a lot of nonsense midi work, and keep me mobile if needed. Instead, it has caused a giant loss of my time and resources, postponed projects, missed deadlines, and made me a truly pissed off pro tools users who now uses his Mbox 2 Pro to input into Logic just to get anything done. Crazy how the interface has no issue with programs it didn't come with...

A little input would be great Digi, I understand you are aware of and looking into this issue, so I hope my explanation of what I have done in my own testing will contribute in some way. I'd love to give more input, test more per your request, and help get this issue fixed before you lose many PT users to other programs. You guys have my info... I'd appreciate any input...