Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 12-08-2017, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Zplane Elastique AAX in 12.8.2HD

This put me off too. I uninstalled it right away. Impossible to judge the quality.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried Meier View Post
For what it's worth, I demoed this last summer on another rig before it was available as a TC/E tool in PT, and this limitation was not a thing back then. Hence the reason why I thought it might have been a bug...
Dude... I sincerely thought I was doing it wrong (or something was buggy) when I was evaluating the demo, because the bits of silence occur so frequently that they just don't seem like they'd be, you know... on purpose.

It's like a salesman at the hardware store saying 'Here you go - try out this new hammer... but I need it back in two weeks, and just to make sure you actually buy the thing, I'm going to break the end off this one here, so it only kind of looks like a hammer.'

I'm generally pretty happy with the X-Form plugin and TC/E, but I'm always on the hunt for something better, so this was kind of a bummer.
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 12-09-2017, 10:17 AM

This tce algo is so good! I have never heard better. The dialogue setting can stretch voice recording almost to 2x with minimal artifacting. A total game changer.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 12-09-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post
This tce algo is so good! I have never heard better. The dialogue setting can stretch voice recording almost to 2x with minimal artifacting. A total game changer.
Agreed. Have you ever tried anything better? Some people tout Serato but I've never tried it. Pretty dang expensive.
Custom i9-12900K, 64GB RAM, W10 Pro, PT Ultimate 2024.03, HD Native, OMNI, Digi 192, UAD-2 Octo; Mac Pro 12-core 3.46, 64GB RAM, Mojave, Logic Pro 10.5.1, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Quad, MOTU 2408 Mk II: MBP mid-2012, 16GB RAM, Mojave, MOTU 8-Pre-ES, Pro Tools 2021.7
Old 12-10-2017, 10:54 AM

It's the same Algo that's in Logic's Flex Time, Reaper, Studio One and likely others they've licensed it to. That's why I was stoked to try it out and see how it worked with the TC/E tool...

If you guys that own it can confirm there's no weirdness with the plugin in Pro Tools, then I'm willing to gamble it. But, at $500 USD+, it will have to deliver...
Old 12-10-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried Meier View Post
It's the same Algo that's in Logic's Flex Time, Reaper, Studio One and likely others they've licensed it to. That's why I was stoked to try it out and see how it worked with the TC/E tool...
About time Pro Tools licensed it too!

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 12-11-2017, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmccoy View Post
Agreed. Have you ever tried anything better? Some people tout Serato but I've never tried it. Pretty dang expensive.
Serato - 30 day unlimited demos (need iLok):

Pitch 'n Time Pro
https://serato.com/pitchntime-pro/downloads

Pitch 'n Time LE
https://serato.com/pitchntime-le/downloads
Old 12-11-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmccoy View Post
I have the three big ones (serato, waves soundshifter, and elastique); fwiw, waves soundshifter sounds significantly better to me than serato on just about everything, to the point where I really don't use serato any more, and of course they ALL sound much better than Avid's TC/E. I have not had time to do significant comparisons between elastique and soundshifter, but my initial impression was that it was excellent. I'll post when I have some time to do meaningful comparisons.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6

Last edited by Rich Breen; 12-11-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
I have the three big ones (serato, waves soundshifter, and elastique); fwiw, waves soundshifter sounds significantly better to me than serato on just about everything, to the point where I really don't use serato any more, and of course they ALL sound much better than Avid's TC/E. I have not had time to do significant comparisons between elastique and soundshifter, but my initial impression was that it was excellent. I'll post when I have some time to do meaningful comparisons.
Hmm, Soundshifter, huh? I have it but don't think I've ever even opened it. I'll give it a go today. Interesting that you like Elastique much better than TC/E. My experience has been the opposite, though I use it almost exclusively on voiceovers. But glad to hear you're not that big on Serato. $800 is a lot to spend on something that isn't miraculous.
Custom i9-12900K, 64GB RAM, W10 Pro, PT Ultimate 2024.03, HD Native, OMNI, Digi 192, UAD-2 Octo; Mac Pro 12-core 3.46, 64GB RAM, Mojave, Logic Pro 10.5.1, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Quad, MOTU 2408 Mk II: MBP mid-2012, 16GB RAM, Mojave, MOTU 8-Pre-ES, Pro Tools 2021.7
Old 01-11-2018, 11:49 AM

So I took the plunge and bought this...and what a grand mistake that was. First off, for a plugin that costs over $600 and is included FREE in apps like Studio One, Reaper and Logic Pro X that cost well under that price, this is a joke.

2nd of all...it pales in comparison to Soundshifter with all of my drum edits. You can see how it garbles up the waveform, and sonically it's trash. Pure trash. I can see now why Zplane puts gaps in their demo version - it's to hide the fact that the algo is crap and suckers you into buying the app.

This may work better for things like bass, or vocals...but as of right now, I'm extreMELY disappointed. I bought from Sweetwater, and I may return this. What a scam.