Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 AM

Default Settings levels in Fast Track Ultra's software mixer?

I've never been entirely convinced that I have my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra software 'mixer' set up correctly, especially on the software sends (right side). My hardware inputs are front channel 1 for a mic and channels 5/6 (back) for input from my Ketron SD2 midi output. I normally listen thru headphone output 1. Right now, I have set all levels to 0, max volume. This works, but I worry that by having every level set to max I may be introducing audio where I don't want it or creating some sort of audio looping, delay, or echo. I've not experienced such problems, but...

For users of the Fast Track Ultra, would you kindly post how you have your software mixer set up (and maybe an explanation)? Alternatively, I'd eagerly welcome suggestions on how to set the levels on my Fast Track, given the current inputs and outputs I've mentioned.

Thank you!

Bob aka jazzwombat