Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 PM

Default Updated Waves Plugins causing mouse/002 issues?

OK! SO this was my earlier post...

So, I did just what was advised - just installed 2 new drives in my Mac Pro, 1T each...

Freshly formatted one drive, did the clean install (running OSX 10.6.3), then installed PT 8 & upgraded to 8.0.3 (repairing permissions after each install).

All is well & working fine. Pro Tools opens, works, my mouse works, I can edit audio & the 002 is communicating with my Mac Pro.

THEN, I DL & reinstalled my Waves Gold bundle - when I reopened Pro Tools after installing the Waves plugins (restarting, repairing Permissions) THE PROBLEM RETURNS!?! Mouse & 002 stop working?!

This is a Waves issue then?

I am running 8.0.3 on 10.6.3 - I know 8.0.3 is only fully approved for 10.6.2... has anyone else had problems stemming from their Waves plugins?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: Updated Waves Plugins causing mouse/002 issues?

Which version of the Waves bundle do you have installed?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:52 AM

I am too having the same problem with my 002 and mouse, but when i had first installed my waves they both responded now after a few days later, 002 and mouse are both not working...
Old 05-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanezmatthew View Post
I am too having the same problem with my 002 and mouse, but when i had first installed my waves they both responded now after a few days later, 002 and mouse are both not working...
Quote:
Which version of the Waves bundle do you have installed?
Additionally we need to know your system specs. See the Help Us Help You thread for details...
Old 05-16-2010, 04:39 PM

I am having the same issue with my mouse not working within PT.

Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Snow Leopard 10.6.3 updated to the Apple 'Pro Audio Update' today
Mbox II, running PT 8.0.3cs2 [reinstalled cs3 again after Waves 7.1 update]
USB Mighty Mouse -bluetooth is disabled [I never used it]
Waves GTR 3.5 and Platinum bundle

After upgrading to Snow Leopard, and updating to PT 8.0.3cs3, PT was working fine as far as the mouse went, I had recently tested successfully by inserting plugins, editing midi etc.. But, I lost auth on my Waves GTR3.5. So, after speaking to Waves tech support was instructed to update to Waves 7.1 which I then downloaded and installed.

After updating Waves and went into the same session, but now I lost the use of mouse control in the edit/mix/midi windows. Also, I cannot quit PT but have to force quit. I can use the keyboard to nav between PT windows [by clicking with the cursor to activate the window] and play the song with the 'space-bar', but again cannot click buttons like mutes, inserts, faders or edit midi notes, -you name it.

So based on the previous post it, and the chronology of events it seems obvious it a result of the Waves update.

PS: I just signed a deal to finish a high paying client by next Sunday, so please help!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:02 PM

OKAY SORRY ALL, I'M THAT GUY!!! WEll at least I came back to update in the event anyone ele comes searching for answers....

As per the request of the AVID DUC folks the following solved the problem:

Delete Pro Tools preferences.
-Go to Users > “your user name” > Library > Preferences
-Delete 'com.digidesign.protoolsLE.plist', 'DAE Prefs' (folder), 'DigiSetup.OSX' and 'Pro Tools preferences'.
-Empty trash, then restart the computer.

You can also use the Pro Tools Preference and Database Helper to trash preferences and databases automatically, as well as providing a few other useful tools. (This application is provided by a 3rd party and is not tested or supported by Digidesign)
Old 05-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westyle View Post
OKAY SORRY ALL, I'M THAT GUY!!! WEll at least I came back to update in the event anyone ele comes searching for answers....

As per the request of the AVID DUC folks the following solved the problem:

Delete Pro Tools preferences.
-Go to Users > “your user name” > Library > Preferences
-Delete 'com.digidesign.protoolsLE.plist', 'DAE Prefs' (folder), 'DigiSetup.OSX' and 'Pro Tools preferences'.
-Empty trash, then restart the computer.

You can also use the Pro Tools Preference and Database Helper to trash preferences and databases automatically, as well as providing a few other useful tools. (This application is provided by a 3rd party and is not tested or supported by Digidesign)
Hey - at least it was an easy fix!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:30 PM

I deleted the pro tools preferences and also i have tried using Pro Tools Preference and Database Helper to trash preferences and databases automatically, but still no luck... any suggestions if i am doing anything wrong please help... on one note, sometimes the mouse works and all and most the time it does not... PLEASE HELP!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Avid

There are many suggestions in the General Troubleshooting thread - I would look at the possibility that you have incompatible plug-ins installed.

If you are on 8.0.3 you can zip up your Log Files folder (found inside your Pro Tools folder) and upload it using any free file hosting service, then post a link here for us to download and take a look to see if we can find anything wrong.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 PM

here are the log files zip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P5ITKFKG

thanks for your help!