How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2011, 01:17 PM

Default Mute / Solo "Shift +" shortcuts don't work

OSX 10.6.8 & PT 9.0.3

In both Edit/Mix windows, I select a track and press SHIFT + M or S, yet nothing happens. I cannot solo/mute via shortcut at all. Just tried SHIFT + R & I can't Record-arm either.

There is no mute/solo automation as I tried a fresh non-templated session. Nada. Fails to work whether in Latch or X-OR solo mode.

It's like PT suddenly hates the shift key.
I am very sure there is some embarrassingly-simple setting or toggle I'm missing here -- but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this shortcut work again

Any ideas?

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Mute / Solo "Shift +" shortcuts don't work

You have to have the Edit cursor on the track(s) for the Shift + R/I/S/M to work.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 08-14-2011, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Mute / Solo "Shift +" shortcuts don't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneal92 View Post
You have to have the Edit cursor on the track(s) for the Shift + R/I/S/M to work.
Yep, as I feared - it was something embarrassingly simple that I forgot about. Been away from projects too long I guess. Thanks a ton. This led me to the right place to figure it out.
For some reason I thought I should be able to select a track in the mix window & do Shift + R/I/S/M --- I just remembered I only can do that if I click the "link edit and track selection" option in the editor window --- now the edit window moves the Edit cursor to each track that I select over in the Mix window. For some reason I had this de-selected awhile back and must have got used to that behavior and thought it was default. :P Thx again!

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."