Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2016, 09:37 AM

Default Re: No Pro Tools 13 for me unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
To all of you giving this guy a hard time. You are all in the minority's. The vast majority of PT users, HD or Vanilla, all feel the same way with how Avid has handled HD users lately.

Go spend some time on Avid's Facebook page.
Bro, it's like this on practically EVERY DAW's forum. People are always unhappy with their software. If they ain't complaining about a feature missing in Pro Tools, they complaining about a feature missing in Logic/Cubase/Ableton/Studio One, etc. You only think Pro Tools customers are complaining because you are here and see it, but the truth is, everyone's customers are complaining about something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
Amen. The amount of frustration one must be going through to sell an HD system should not be taken lightly. I've been where this poster is and it isn't fun.
The problem is people need to stop buying with the intent in mind to later SELL something. You need to buy to USE and to ENJOY. If you have done that throughout your ownership of a product then you got your money's worth. It's not a real estate property that you've added equity to. It's a piece of used gear that doesn't do anything more than it did when it was new and does less now than newer products on the market. It's electronics and computing gear. You have to buy knowing that one day this will be obsolete, and be OK with that, because that is the reality.

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 12-30-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
All that for a product that doesn't exist yet! Anyway, the number 13 has a bad rap. Maybe they'll just skip 13 altogether.
Protools 12.6+ is Protools 13.

That is why the license had to be surrendered.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:59 AM

There are ppl who stand by PT. those who invested heavily on HD aging stuff and those of who like myself paid 600.00 for a "perpetual" licence that now is "subscription" i love PT( even tho it's now like renting a broken car) but won't be subdued by thier biz practice, single drag to trash bin will end it for me.no regrets.

Last edited by Pedro perez; 12-30-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:13 AM

My thoughts on these types of matters.

1) "Is protools as I'm using it making me less productive (i.e making less money)"

If yes: look for a solution either upgrading the hardware and software or something else.

If no: stay put and make money.

It's like a hammer. A tool and nothing more.

The same thought goes for every other piece of gear or software in my studio.

I actually think the Native Instruments maschine forums have more complaining...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire View Post
Bro, it's like this on practically EVERY DAW's forum. People are always unhappy with their software. If they ain't complaining about a feature missing in Pro Tools, they complaining about a feature missing in Logic/Cubase/Ableton/Studio One, etc. You only think Pro Tools customers are complaining because you are here and see it, but the truth is, everyone's customers are complaining about something.
There's a difference between complaining about a missing feature and your system coming to a screeching halt because of major stability problems....

Quote:
The problem is people need to stop buying with the intent in mind to later SELL something.
I'm sure some of the early adopters that spent close to $5000 for the HDX cards that most of the major 3rd party developers ended up not supporting would have something to say about that....moon
Old 12-30-2016, 01:22 PM

Yeah, I'll be happier if the cost of subscription goes down, for AVID not to forget the HD(X) users and to finally eradicate the perpetual -9173!!
16 Core
96 GB ram
macOS Ventura 13.4
Somehow, musicians are now technicians!
Old 12-30-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:

No, not for any of the reasons people are upset with Avid, not even close!.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 12-31-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Bro, it's like this on practically EVERY DAW's forum. People are always unhappy with their software. If they ain't complaining about a feature missing in Pro Tools, they complaining about a feature missing in Logic/Cubase/Ableton/Studio One, etc.
Just hopped over to the S1 forum and perused the first 20 or so posts -

- Question about an Automation bug on folder tracks - user response, "No biggie"

- Question about markers - answered by forum member - looks like user error.

What follows are questions about the Console Shaper plugin, gain staging, iPad remotes, Midi clock starts, Melodyne and what mixer to pair with Studio One.

Granted, there are a few posts about S1 freezing while saving (which I just experienced last night) gaining some momentum, and it is the holidays, but compare and contrast that to the first 20 posts on here. There are no calls over there for PreSonus executive heads on a platter, or the like.

Without question, many PT users are pissed. I'm a vanilla user that would love to do all of my composing in PT, but I've never been able to get the VI load that I require to work well, so I use the alternatives.

The cubase forum is a different story... LOL. However, it's not as bad as one would think given the new version 9.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X

Last edited by grayter1; 12-31-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:49 AM

People always want new features tailored to their usage, true. But I don't see nearly as much of the (IMO, well deserved) negativity toward Avid as a company, the bugs, and the instability of the software. Not close. Avid has really made a mess of things over the last three years.

Quote:
Bro, it's like this on practically EVERY DAW's forum. People are always unhappy with their software.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:52 AM

At the top of the Reaper forum are a few "how-to" questions, a couple of feature requests, and a thread wishing the developer a happy birthday.

It would hard for the two forums to be more different. There are lots and lots of happy and grateful customers there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
Just hopped over to the S1 forum and perused the first 20 or so posts -

- Question about an Automation bug on folder tracks - user response, "No biggie"

- Question about markers - answered by forum member - looks like user error.

What follows are questions about the Console Shaper plugin, gain staging, iPad remotes, Midi clock starts, Melodyne and what mixer to pair with Studio One.

Granted, there are a few posts about S1 freezing while saving (which I just experienced last night) gaining some momentum, and it is the holidays, but compare and contrast that to the first 20 posts on here. There are no calls over there for PreSonus executive heads on a platter, or the like.

Without question, many PT users are pissed. I'm a vanilla user that would love to do all of my composing in PT, but I've never been able to get the VI load that I require to work well, so I use the alternatives.

The cubase forum is a different story... LOL. However, it's not as bad as one would think given the new version 9.

tg

Last edited by deanrichard; 12-31-2016 at 01:09 PM.