Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2010, 10:59 PM

Default importing session data

when I want to import a complete session into a blank new session created with a template (same track layout) I don't seem to be able to choose the destination - available as choices are only (blank) or (new track)
how can I get them directly into the tracks that are already set up with this template?

the only other way I seem to be able to do this, is by importing audio tracks with the destination being region list and then dragging them into the tracks (but having done this, there seem to be some regions missing)

any ideas?
Pro Tools 8.03, Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi3650 laptop, 18.4 in. HD display, Intel Centrino2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics, Realtek High Definition Audio, 4GB RAM, Vista HP (32-bit), Digidesign Mbox 2 Micro
Old 06-26-2010, 01:42 AM

Default Re: importing session data

I believe you need to have one of the toolkits or an HD rig for this option.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 06-26-2010, 03:12 AM

If it is the same track layout, why not like this:

Create a new session (blank)--> import your other session via highlighting all track, then everything should be there
Old 06-26-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
I believe you need to have one of the toolkits or an HD rig for this option
really? then why does this exist in the menu? anyone know more about this?

Quote:
Create a new session (blank)--> import your other session via highlighting all track, then everything should be there
no, that doesn't seem to work. can only create new tracks and then it doesn't seem possible to even copy or move the tracks to the ones I set up in the template ....
Pro Tools 8.03, Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi3650 laptop, 18.4 in. HD display, Intel Centrino2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics, Realtek High Definition Audio, 4GB RAM, Vista HP (32-bit), Digidesign Mbox 2 Micro
Old 06-26-2010, 07:21 AM

Yeah u won't get options like that without the DV or Complete toolkits...

Why not jus create & save a regular template since thatz what ur doin anyway? Ur makin it harder than it needs to be honestly...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 06-26-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
when I want to import a complete session into a blank new session created with a template (same track layout) I don't seem to be able to choose the destination - available as choices are only (blank) or (new track)
how can I get them directly into the tracks that are already set up with this template?
This is because you are trying to import session data(ie the entire track, including plugins and sends) when it sounds like you really want to import the audio. If your methodology here is to bring in audio from song B because you have created a mix template from song A, then importing the audio is what you really want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
the only other way I seem to be able to do this, is by importing audio tracks with the destination being region list and then dragging them into the tracks (but having done this, there seem to be some regions missing)

any ideas?
Go into the original session (for song B) and consolidate each track so it is a single audio region, and consolidate all to the same starting point(any GRID line is good). That way, when you import the audio to your mix template, you will import to the regions bin and then drag each audio region to its corresponding track(unfortunately, I know of no way to import audio and have it automatically drop onto a given track). It may sound like a lot of work, but it really isn't(I have done it plenty).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-26-2010, 08:30 AM

If thatz what ur tryna do, or really even if it isn't, make sure in Setup.>preferences, that u have Auto copy on import checked...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 06-26-2010, 08:33 AM

right, thanks
that is actually what I ended up doing - I just thought, since there supposedly is this option to choose a destination track to import to, that there could be a simple way to get all audio immediately to the correct chosen tracks in the template
Old 06-26-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Yeah u won't get options like that without the DV or Complete toolkits...
It looks like in my MPTK2 it works as well.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCM View Post
It looks like in my MPTK2 it works as well.
Really? Session data?

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY