Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 PM

Default MOTU 24i/o 24-bit/96 kHz pciE converter

hello all, simple thread

i'd like to hear some first hand experience with these converters, MOTU 24 IO
i'm aware they are now bundled with a pciE card instead of the much outdated PCI...

how do these converters compare to the new breed of converters out there, mostly concerned with comparisons directly to AVIDs own HD I/O line...

i own an HD OMNI and for the most part, it will suit my needs just fine, i'm more into doing over-dubs than tracking live off the floor... so i'm trying to be a little realistic in what my I/O needs will be for the foreseeable future.

this would be an affordable solution for those rare occasions where i encounter a need to track a full band, as in a jazz band or the sort... of course I will still continue to do most of my work directly with the HD OMNI converters...

thanks for your thoughts.. i have seen a couple of y'all have these units, i'd love to hear what your experience has been...