Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 03-01-2019, 10:04 AM

Default Link Track/Edit Selection Bug?

Just came across this in the past week, but I think I found the culprit, and wanted to see if anyone else here has had the same issue.

I've noticed that when "link track and edit selection" is turned on, certain plugins will go not save their current state when saving the session and exiting. Obviously this is a huge issue, though I've never come across this issue before so I'm assuming this is some sort of bug.

I've also noticed that if I turn off my automation (even when nothing has been written), the plugin will retain the current state when saving the session. A little work around, but obviously makes using the plugin useless if you want to use automation. Once I turn the automation back on, the bug occurs again, until I turn off "link track and edit selection".

Anyone else getting this?
Old 03-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Link Track/Edit Selection Bug?

No.

And Link Track/Edit selection is always on for me.

Which specific plugin are you seeing this on (and how is it being used: AAX-DSP or native, on how wide of a channel, multichannel or multi-mono mode)?
Old 03-01-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
No.

Which specific plugin are you seeing this on (and how is it being used: AAX-DSP or native, on how wide of a channel, multichannel or multi-mono mode)?
Same.

Did the OP trashed prefs, etc?
Old 03-01-2019, 11:47 AM

Trashing prefs does help, though once I go back thru and redo my prefs, I must be activating something that switches this back. This has been happening with certain waves plugins (Omni channel, mixhub). It must be something with the recent waves release because all other plugins run fine.

I've noticed now in one session that I can open the session, and the plugin still has the settings, though as soon as I click anywhere in the session, that the plugin reverts back to default. If I turn off the "write enabled" automation for the plugin in the Automation window, it also acts as a workaround (though I'm assuming this is the same as simply turning the track from read to off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
No.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:41 PM

All automation on in plugins pref egaged in PTs would match your description.

Last edited by DetroitT; 03-01-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 03-01-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
All automation on in plugins pref egaged in PTs would match your description.
Exactly ^^ when redoing your prefs don't change anything that you are not 100% of sure what it is.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:03 PM

So just went thru trashing my prefs, then enabling one by one each preference, opening and closing the test session to see what triggers this and it does seem to be linked to having "Plug-in Controls default to auto-enabled" checked.

I have also noticed something similar happening with Hornet's Tape where the output jumps back to default, though the input stays the same. No other waves plugin seems to do this other than Omni, Mixbus, and AR TG Mastering.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:43 PM

Your plugs have automation written for all parameters from the beginning of the session or from when you inserted them on the time with the preference on. Plug-in Controls Default to Auto-Enabled. If you don’t want plug-in automation written deselect the write enable parameter for Plug-In or uncheck that preference. If you decide you want to write plug-in automation you can manually enable the parameters you need.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:27 PM

So following up with this thread,

I was thinking that this was linked mainly to some newer Waves plugins, though I’m noticing that this issue of PT constantly reverting plugin settings back to their default state is happening also with the Slate plugins too. Just started a mix with the everything bundle and the controls just jump back to their default state after hit play twice. Again, this is super weird since most of my plugins don’t have this issue. Any ideas what this could be pointing to? Kinda thinking this is a bug again
Old 04-01-2019, 12:49 AM

Slate is cr*p. Contact them. This wouldn’t be the first time with them.