Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Avid: why is it taking 7 weeks to get an HD I/O 16x16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Let's be honest to each other here. If your agenda is to discredit Avid in 4 out of 5 posts you make : we don't want you here and if you disagree with that you probably should just go away.
Amen.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris75 View Post
My bet is that even though this forum is full of negative PT10HDX posts, they are selling like crazy and can't keep up to the demand. Kind of like when the 001 came out.
I highly doubt that.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaas View Post
I highly doubt that.
It's true, regardless of your doubt
Old 03-10-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Guys, Let's tone it down a bit and keep it within forum policy ok ?
Some of the posts in this thread really are borderline so let's keep things on track please.

On another note : Some of you out here are starting to walk on thin ice. If it is ok for you guys to come out here and tough talk Avid then it definitely should be ok that I come out here and tough talk to you as well. If your history shows a list a 25+ posts of which 20+ are blunt negative comments against Avid or it's employees and 3 of them are about how much better Avid competitors really are and the remaining 2 are neutral - well - I would say you come out here with some sort of agenda.

Well - one of DTS's agenda items over the next couple of weeks is to see wether you insist on sticking to that agenda in which case the inevitable is going to happen. You will find yourself locked out of this community. At first maybe for a couple of days to think about it but eventually permanently.

Let's be honest to each other here. If your agenda is to discredit Avid in 4 out of 5 posts you make : we don't want you here and if you disagree with that you probably should just go away.

If on the other hand you are a user who wants to be part of this community to help others out and to share your opinion a variety of topics related to our products - then you are more then welcome. And let there be no misunderstanding : we welcome your comments good and bad but first and far most we have to insist that you A. maintain a healthy balance in your posts and B. a proper amount of mutual respect is maintained.

Thank you .... carry on ...
Wow.

So who exactly was the one that gave you the permission to reply like that?

Interesting strategy.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:20 AM

Thumbs up Re: Avid: why is it taking 7 weeks to get an HD I/O 16x16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
OK then, when is the polite BS going to stop??? How about it Max? You have said absolutely nothing of substance in this thread. How about addressing an actual direct question? We're here, ready and willing, to support the product that we are deeply invested in and your replies are doing absolutely nothing to help us in our endevour. It's like you're daring us to go ahead and jump ship and see what happens. The corporate line is not gonna pass muster here.

Sorry, but somebody had to say it.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 AM

Thumbs down Re: Avid: why is it taking 7 weeks to get an HD I/O 16x16?

very scary.......

Quote:
Guys, Let's tone it down a bit and keep it within forum policy ok ?
Some of the posts in this thread really are borderline so let's keep things on track please.

On another note : Some of you out here are starting to walk on thin ice. If it is ok for you guys to come out here and tough talk Avid then it definitely should be ok that I come out here and tough talk to you as well. If your history shows a list a 25+ posts of which 20+ are blunt negative comments against Avid or it's employees and 3 of them are about how much better Avid competitors really are and the remaining 2 are neutral - well - I would say you come out here with some sort of agenda.

Well - one of DTS's agenda items over the next couple of weeks is to see wether you insist on sticking to that agenda in which case the inevitable is going to happen. You will find yourself locked out of this community. At first maybe for a couple of days to think about it but eventually permanently.

If on the other hand you are a user who wants to be part of this community to help others out and to share your opinion a variety of topics related to our products - then you are more then welcome. And let there be no misunderstanding : we welcome your comments good and bad but first and far most we have to insist that you A. maintain a healthy balance in your posts and B. a proper amount of mutual respect is maintained.

Thank you .... carry on ...
Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp View Post
very scary.......

I'd be interested to see you elaborate on that ? What is scary about my previous post ?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Avid

Quote:
Wow.

Interesting strategy.

Same here ... would you mind explaining why my previous post needs permission ?

It would be far easier to just delete all the posts that can be considered a breach of forum policies.

Instead we try to keep a healthy discussion going where not only the positive things can be said but also the negative opinions can be voiced.

In any good discussion there should be room for a variety of perspectives and I personally feel like we are giving room for all perspectives.

This however in my opinion means that very much like any good discussion - it has to be conducted with a minimum of mutual respect and openness towards the other opinion or perspective. And anyone who participates in such a discussion should not really have a problem hearing an opinion different than his or hers.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:47 AM

Hi DTS. Just wanted to clarify that I and many others here have no dog in the Avid bashing hunt. It's more of a case of being worried about the health of the company that makes the product that we really mostly love and make our living with. The lack of forthright, honest and direct communication from that same companies representatives regarding very specific issues cause's a whole bunch of concern and anxiety about our future ability to work with the tools that we have made great use of in the past. I can only guess but the new approach to comunication, or lack thereof, sure appears to be
coming from the top down. I don't want to bash Avid, I just want to have some concrete information, from the horses mouth, to go on.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Wow.

Interesting strategy.
This Gives him the mandate and the right to post like he did.
Windows 7 ultimate 64 sp1. intel i5 2500k 3.30 ghz. asus p8p67 evo rev 3. 16g kingston ddr3 1600. Asus engtx 560dc2 oc. Seagate Barracuda 7200 9 SATA 80-GB Hard Drive. 2x WD caviar black 7200 500 GB. 1x WD caviar black 7200 1 TB. Seagate Freeagent 7200 1 TB usb 2.0. SIIG NN-440012-S8.

PT 10. SIB 7. ProjectMix I/O. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56. Focusrite Saffire pro 40. Genelec 8040. Axiom pro 61. Alesis Dm8 pro. Spector ns2000/5. Old vintage Vantage electric guitar. Bunch of VI's and plugins
Closed Thread