Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2002, 09:29 AM

Default Fader Problems

Fader 8 on my expansion pack is not tracking at all and when I re boot the PC it just slams to the top and then back to the bottom quite hard. In recal mode it will some time respond fine and other times just slam to the top and bottom. Any body else have this problem? If so what is the fix.

Thanks
Euan
VO2 Mix Inc.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Fader Problems

It sounds to me like you might have a faulty fader. Digidesign offers a refurbishment program for faders that costs $50US each, or you may purchase a new spare for roughly $175US. You would probably use the new fader as a spare while your original was being refurbished. Your ProControl or Fader Pack will run quite happily with a fader missing if you want to keep the cost to a minimum. If you would like more information about this, please contact customer support. In the US, the number is (650) 731-6100. You'll need to work your way through a sometimes frustrating series of menu choices to get to a real live human being.

Good luck and write back if you are still experiencing problems.

Stan Cotey
Product Manager, Control Surfaces
Old 04-04-2002, 11:53 AM
Avid

Hi All
Actually the phone tree here at Digidesign Customer service has been updated and is much easier and faster to use. A real "Live" human being is only a few options away. Please give us a call and we can get you set up.
Thanks.
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 04-04-2002, 03:13 PM

Currently have exactly the same problem with fader 1 on my fader pack. Fortunately my unit is in warranty so I can exchange my faderpack or get a warranty repair. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:12 PM

We recently had a "touch sensitivity" problem with one fader. It was returned to Digi for repair and we also bought 2 spare faders which was done so none of the other faders on our 2 ProControls will ever go bad .... you all know how it works!

The repair turnaround on the damaged fader was very fast to Canada and due to an original soldering fault, this out of warrantee item was refurbished at no charge.

Good work on Digi's side of the fence, and Stan was very helpful in all of this.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]