Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 09-26-2018, 07:52 PM

Default Jog Wheel Not Working

Hello,

At the beginning of a session, I was using the jog wheel on my Dock to zoom both horizontally and vertically. Later in the session, I was unable to zoom using the wheel.

I tested the other wheel functions (jog, shuttle, and move sel), but nothing worked. I was able to perform the functions using the vertical and horizontal touchstrips. Is there a setting, either in EuControl or on the Dock itself, that would disable the wheel?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Jog Wheel Not Working

It's rare, but I have occasionally seen EuCon glitches where some function is not working. Did a restart fix the problem?
Old 02-24-2019, 06:14 PM

Thank you for the reply. Prior to your post, I spoke with Avid who asked me to mail the unit to their repair facility as they were not able to resolve the issue over the phone. Unfortunately, I was not able to part with the unit for a few months. I recently mailed the unit to them, and after nearly a month with the unit, Avid deemed that there was no issue and sent the unit back to me.

Once I received the unit back, I fired up EuControl and Pro Tools, and much to my surprise everything worked...for a day. The second day I used The Dock after receiving it back from Avid, everything worked perfectly, like the prior session. But, after about an hour of usage, the wheel stopped working. Like before I sent the unit to Avid, I was able to perform the wheel's functions using the horizontal touchstrip, but the wheel itself no longer responded.

I have The Dock connected to an S3 which is in turn connected to my MacBook Pro. I am currently running Mac OS X 10.13.6, Pro Tools 2018.12.0, EuControl 18.3.0.244, S3 Firmware 1.2.0, and Dock Firmware 1.1.20. I have attempted to updated the Firmware, but EuControl tells me I have the latest versions. Additionally, I've checked for newer versions of Pro Tools and EuControl, but do not see anything newer on Avid's website.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:28 AM

Are you familiar with going in and out of "Move Sel," "Mark In," and "Mark Out" modes? Occasionally Move Sel disables by itself and you have to hit the button again.

There's also a "cleanEuphonixSystem" script. I can't remember if that gets installed automatically, but uninstalling and reinstalling EuCon is something worth trying.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:08 PM

Thank you for the reply, Nathaniel. I have tried all of the wheel functions (Zoom H, Zoom V, Jog, Shuttle, and their Shift counterparts). In all cases, the behavior is exactly the same: the function works with the touch strip but does not work with the wheel.

I uninstalled EuControl, downloaded a new copy from Avid's website, and installed that. No luck.

Additionally, I followed the steps on Avid's website to remove the preferences for both Pro Tools and EuControl. Again, no luck.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions I may try. Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:17 PM

I’m stumped. Sorry. Try another Dock with your rig maybe...