Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Omni vs HD 8x8x8 io and Omni Pre's

An OMNI for $1200(in addition to the 8x8x8, and not INSTEAD of it)...2 very good preamps, plus headphone amps, plus a few extra inputs and outputs...yes that seems like a decent deal

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
An OMNI for $1200(in addition to the 8x8x8, and not INSTEAD of it)...2 very good preamps, plus headphone amps, plus a few extra inputs and outputs...yes that seems like a decent deal
Sold!

We bought it today and I said a 1000 usd with a little *wink* and we got it for 1K new in the box with warranty and all and as we bought so much from this dealer they know we will continue to buy from them so I am very happy! We will ofcourse use it with the 888 HD io as someone said so Thank you as always, Your opinons and advice is very much valid and dearly appreciated!

As you guys pointed out in the thread here, You said we only have clean Preamps with no colour and with our Manley Ref C and he Manley Ref Gold it sounds really different to the AKG as you pointed out but we would really take onboard any suggestions regarding a purchase of a more exciting sounding preamp and the oposite of the Dave Hill Europa for example and the TK Strip aswell so any ideas for a more colour and warmer sounding preamp as we are looking for exacly that and Great point for seeing this.

Thank You friends and I am humbled to all the advice and opinions you guys always are up for giving and helping out everytime we post even of sometimes the posts might be abit stupid.. Atleast from me and it is really cool that you don't judge! BIG Thank You :)
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmworld View Post
your list of preamps is nice, but all in the same ballpark. there΄s no really clean pre in there. if you want to sell the mike-e to get an omni, i΄d be interested!
Hi

Thanks for the input and we really value the thins you said :)
Unfortunately the Mike-E is just purchased and we LOVE it with the Manley Ref C we also just bought and after reading all the great thoughts and input from you guys on the Omni matter we got it today and will use it as a addition to the rest of the Avid setup and use the Preamps from the Omni when we need that warm clear great sound we found it to deliver so again Big Thanks for the offer :) Don't know what it cost where you are but we paid 1325 USD for it new in our local dealer and atleast here in Sweden it is a really good deal.
All the best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-27-2013, 01:00 AM

It IS a grest deal. :)

Darryl Ramm