How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-17-2014, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Auto-Tune 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
It means lower than the lowest of low. Just wait until "Ultra Cloud Computing" becomes a marketing buzz word.

Shane
But first, we will have:
Cloud computing II
Cloud computing III
Wide cloud computing

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 12-17-2014, 06:58 AM

I think Antares may have had some major issues with AAX of at least certain plugs

I had bought the AT Evo from Antares during a sale - didn't really need it cause I have other options, but I never had it working right. Emailed and called support - they just gave up... didn't even really try hard to get me going with it - it was like they knew there was a major problem with it....

It gets better - first they let me pick a different plug - so I grabbed Mic Modeler.... issues with that

Then they let me pick another, so I grabbed the Harmony Engine - which I really don't like....

They ended up refunding my payment and letting me keep Harmony Engine... lol (I'll sell it, I never use it, really don't like how it sounds)

Yeah.... I just stick to my Waves Tune .... I love it... I love the workflow and flexibility of it. And best of all, it actually works and sounds great lol :)

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz Hex, 32GB
EFI Flashed - 5 GT/s Modded 7950, Dual Apple 23"
OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)
Logic Pro X, DSP Quattro, Final Cut Pro X
Waves Mercury+SSL+AbbeyRoads
Trident S65 with embedded US-2400

Live:
2012 Mac Mini, Dual SSD, i7 2.4, 16GB
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Hardware from above (same gear)
Dual Dell P2418HT Touch Screens
Waves Icon X (x2), M, with Screens
Custom enclosure
Old 12-17-2014, 07:14 AM

So does this actually work?

AT7 AAX has been fairly useless here I only use the audiosuite version, especially with the manual correction getting out of sync and all of a sudden causing something to jump down/up an octave etc. I actually lost a client over it (was his first time in).

In multiple emails antares only said "turn of dynamic plugin processing" and "consolidate all audio files" and when those don't work they stop responding. After all that I'm hesitant to buy anything from them, but to be honest if I could pay the upgrade and have it *actually* work I would do it.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:41 AM

Ultra is a common term. Does it not apply here? What is the latency of AT8? Is it extremely low for this type of software? That would make it ultra low.

Anyone wondering about the popularity of AT, just turn your radio on. The algorithms have gotten better at hiding the synthetic effects but that hasn't stopped producers/engineers from creating unnatural vocal performances which scream out "I'm using a crutch!"
Old 12-17-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Which no other earlier version of AT required.

AT7 was such a step backwards. Glad to see the company acknowledge that and make fixes.

Yep. I submitted bug reports but didn't get a get-out-of-jail-free card and now I have to decide whether to pay for the upgrade or not. These fixes should have been AT7for what it's worth...
Old 12-17-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Syrup Records View Post
I think Antares may have had some major issues with AAX of at least certain plugs

I had bought the AT Evo from Antares during a sale - didn't really need it cause I have other options, but I never had it working right. Emailed and called support - they just gave up... didn't even really try hard to get me going with it - it was like they knew there was a major problem with it....

It gets better - first they let me pick a different plug - so I grabbed Mic Modeler.... issues with that

Then they let me pick another, so I grabbed the Harmony Engine - which I really don't like....

They ended up refunding my payment and letting me keep Harmony Engine... lol (I'll sell it, I never use it, really don't like how it sounds)

Yeah.... I just stick to my Waves Tune .... I love it... I love the workflow and flexibility of it. And best of all, it actually works and sounds great lol :)
I bought a bundle that has 5 plugins in it about a year ago, I think it was called vocal express. It was really cheap, I forget the exact price but low enough that I didn't think twice about buying it. There were issues getting an installer working with my license, which I think they solved, but then it still didn't work right after that. I forget the exact problem I had with it, but I gave up with hopes an update would fix it. I guess I'd rather see them make plugins that actually work and charge more, instead of having these crazy low prices on stuff that just gets abandoned.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 12-17-2014, 01:34 PM

Did anyone get the demo to work in PT11?

I'm getting the error "this plugin is not 64 bit and will be moved to the unused plugins folder". Tried trashing prefs etc, I'll do a permissions repair and see if anything changes.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:36 PM

Same thing happened here

It feels like the joke is on me here ...

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-17-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Yep. I submitted bug reports but didn't get a get-out-of-jail-free card and now I have to decide whether to pay for the upgrade or not. These fixes should have been AT7for what it's worth...
Agreed. At least they should have released a version of 7 that actually worked with 11 and held sync properly. I tried all the stuff that the recommend, consolidating files and disabling dynamic processing in 11 and it's been nothing but a dog. Only audiosuite version usable (what is this, 1995?).

Even AT live. Put it on two different tracks with the same audio and listen to how the PC on those two tracks is not even close to each other. WTH.

I would give up on them all together but I still like the way AT sounds in the top octaves better than anything else. Revoice Pro sounds pretty good but I don't like the workflow as much.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:08 PM

Works for me. Pthdx11.2.2

Phone +46707773443