Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-10-2020, 04:21 AM

Default Used to be like you...

During this time of social distancing and self isolation I have reflected on some things. I read posts where mac users are still running orior osx and prior versions of PT because it is stable in their words. Let me first say I understand. I was under that mindset at one time. Then one day I said, screw it and went ahead and moved at that time to high sierra. What changed my mind? The PT version was supported and qualified. I would never even now move if Pt version was not qualified. I took this step because my system Osx was becoming antiquated And my experience with the osx was not optimal. The most recent Catalina version is an eye opener. The 64 bit System is a scorcher in terms of the way it operates. Also moving to the latest PT versions also has had it’s advances. The new folders in 2020 are very interesting and I am just scratching the surface. Now a caveat. If cost is a prohibiting factor in moving forward that is indeed a barrier. But if fear or thinking there will be Some bumps along the way are stopping you then rethink. This whole recording process is a journey. Any problems can be solved. I don’t have the latest gear or the most knowledge about the software but I know I am experiencing the best and latest offerings from the osx and PT Versions. The DUC community is a great resource for people helping out and the moderators are awesome in lending a hand. So as I have said. I used to be like you. No better and no worse. Just worried that the familiar and safe would be Compromised. Well f&@$k that! So take the plunge. Built by man and fixed by man. The future is welcomed here. One last thing. I am not looking to start any arguments here so please don’t be offended if Think you are offended lol. Just want to share a liberating thought
Peace
MAC OSX Big Sur
Old 04-11-2020, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Used to be like you...

I’m slowly coming round to your way of thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk