Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Video cards for PC?

Hey there,

We just moved our Pro Tools HD system over to a PC. Previously we had been using a Canopus ACDV 100 firewire card for viewing quicktime files on a projector but i am told that this card will not work with Pro Tools on a PC. Firstly why is this the case and, secondly, what other options do we have to hook up the projector (apart from buying Mojo which seems excessively expensive for what we want to do)?

regards,
James
Old 07-20-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Video cards for PC?

I've been working with a Matrox Parhelia P750. Configured as dual head + feature playback screen. Install the Digidesign certified driver, QT7 and PT7.3 for the added DV video features, hook that projector up to the S-Video out and you're in business. Works great.
Check that card out doing a search on this forum and you'll find the exacts setup specs.

Hope this helps

L.G.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Video cards for PC?

Matrox Parhelia AVPe here running in triplehead with 2 21" LCD's for PT and 1 CRT TV for picture... it works great. The Parhelia automatically grabs the quicktime stream and plays it on the TV. No latency, and the sync seems tight (though I have not measured).The best part is that it plays any codec on the tv... so no need to re-render video to use specific codecs. The only downside is that, while picture looks fine, there seems to be an ever so slight yellowish / greenish tint which I compensated for. No complaints from directors though.