Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-21-2011, 08:25 PM

Default Purpose of new MBox Control Panel?

I don't get it. I can open a ProTools session and record without launching the MBox Control Panel. Now, I know that if I use it I can add the neat DSP effects like reverb and widen but those effects do not get transferred to my ProTools session. So I guess what I am asking is, "What good it it?"

Oh - I have learned that I can drag that Icon (MBox) onto my Dock thus saving the need to open System Preferences and then select it. It does save one step.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Purpose of new MBox Control Panel?

Anybody?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormond View Post
I don't get it. I can open a ProTools session and record without launching the MBox Control Panel. Now, I know that if I use it I can add the neat DSP effects like reverb and widen but those effects do not get transferred to my ProTools session. So I guess what I am asking is, "What good it it?"

Oh - I have learned that I can drag that Icon (MBox) onto my Dock thus saving the need to open System Preferences and then select it. It does save one step.
Low latency monitoring when tracking, and sweetening the monitor mix for the performer. Do they really not explain any of this stuff in the Mbox doc?

Darryl
Old 08-08-2011, 06:24 PM

No. Thanks for the input...so I am correct about the fact that the reverb applied in the Control Panel cannot be added to the track itself in the session - that I still have to put a reverb plug-in on the track and guesstimate the approximate effect setting? I like the sound of the Reverb control panel - it is quick and easy. I thought it would be transferred to the track itself.