Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 09:51 AM

Default Opinions: absolute best sounding plug-ins for LE!

im curious what everyone thinks. im not talking cheapest either im just wanting to know what you think the best of the best is for PT LE. waves? universal audio? mcdsp? digi? sony? what?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Opinions: absolute best sounding plug-ins for LE!

I've been using waves for awhile, and love the stuff... but I realized recently, my main compressor is Digi's SMACK!, my main eq is the new 7-band eq III, and my fav reverb is TL Space that i got with the music production pack. The waves stuff I've been using is now limited to the Super tap delay, Rverb occasionaly, and the L1 and C4 for mastering. Also, yesterday I had this snare track that needed some serious POP, Smack wasn't doing it for me, so I tried out the new dynamics 3 that I've had for awhile but not used, and BINGO, that snare was perfect. I'd kind of written off the standard digi stuff, but at the end of the day i find myself using them alot, they sound great and they are super light on cpu....

The Note Music
www.myspace.com/thenotemusic
Dual 2.0Ghz PPC 3gb Ram, Digi 002R
Old 12-03-2006, 02:46 PM

I like the massey stuff, very cheap but expensive sounding. Duy is good as well
Old 12-04-2006, 02:25 PM

During the day I'm working on an HD system so I have always used Waves and McDsp.
McDsp is awesome stuff. I'm very happy they have an LE package that comes with an ilok out of the box.
But surprisingly, on my LE system at home I am very impressed with the T-racks plug-ins.
You would just have to check them out to see what I mean. The presets are absolutely spot on.
Some of the interfaces aren't that great, or what you might be used to, but they are very impressive and I
suggest anyone with an LE system check them out.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:51 PM

The Waves plug-ins that come in Native versions are exactly the same sounding as the TDM versions... they are some of the best around. L2 and L3, Ren EQ's and Ren verbs, the new Q Clone is amazing, their supertaps and Q6-8-10 are excellent. I think they're pricing is very reasonable also. A lot of these plug-ins can be run off the APA's also, so CPU usage is largely decreased. I can run 16 IR Reverbs on the APA 44-M without issue. Latency still needs to be accounted for though (in Neundo, no such issue).