Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2015, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Another Huge Studio Ditches ProTools!

I guess Apple practically abandoned Logic at 9 for years and years, and that is back up and running, Camel Audio and all that. If only Logic was able to scale with hw like PT.

And I haven't checked their financials since they were taken off the NASDAQ so thanks for the update, honestly.

I think I'm going to fire up PT tonight and see how many error messages I get ;-)
Old 09-08-2015, 06:08 AM

Avid was taken off NASDEQ because of the way they had been accounting for software upgrades and then missing the deadline for fixing the problem!

Apple abandoning Final Cut is why they lost the broadcast market where they had finally been gaining against Media Composer.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:56 PM

It is almost a Saturday Night Live Skit reading "artists" talking about whether or not Avid will "survive." Now you may hate the conversion to "monthly," you may hate the move to separate service vs from product(it was the lack of separation BTW that caused that huge accounting problem that took forever to resolve), you may hate the new PT12 process, and I know I hate the corporate BS and the vaporware trails, but Avid as a company is "real," and is being professionally managed for the first time...ever? And remember, this company is a lot more than PT and "audio." And if one bothered to look at the investor relations part of the website, they do a pretty good job of spraying the "how good we are" BS.

AVID was a waste of many talents and corporate dollars for decades - grossly overstaffed with guys with blog accounts all over the world in disparate locations. The gross margins of this company were always huge - which means they threw away every dollar in adminstrative and huge R+D in order not to make a dime in profits. Could not continue. Attempts to herd the cats naturally produce a lot of whining - some of it deserved - but really people, this is the 21st century. "Software" is moving to a "service" globally. Get with the program.