Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2008, 02:50 PM

Default Time Adjuster plugins NOT working on Instrument Tracks!

Hello everybody,

I'm new to Pro Tools LE and I need to get a job done on it. I composed a piece of music and now I'm at the mixing stage where I encountered the following issue. As I used some latency introducing plugins and LE doesn't have automatic plugin delay compensation I'm supposed to delay it manualy using the Time Adjuster plugin. However this plugin doesn't work at all when used on an Instrument Track! Why is this? It only works when used on a regular Audio Track.

I discovered that it doesn't work by printing (recording) on a new track and there is no delay introduced by Time Adjuster!

Could you tell me if that's a known issue on Pro Tools LE and also how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Horea
Old 05-07-2008, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Time Adjuster plugins NOT working on Instrument Tracks!

Time Adjuster? Apparently it is for video, DVDs. You might be thinking of Time Shift? It works only for audio tracks. Instrument and midi tracks and audio tracks could be nudged to compensate for latency.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:19 PM

Use Time Adjuster to delay other tracks by the same amount (of samples) as that introduced by the plug-ins. It does not work by bringing track playback forward!

You can save some CPU overhead by bussing tracks that need similar PDC so fewer instances of Time Adjuster are needed.

It does work on instrument tracks but be aware that the VI will have an inherent processing delay between the midi note and audio playback. I usually print the audio and nudge it back into line with the midi data.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 05-07-2008, 06:02 PM

I only googled Time adjuster, coming up with nothing in reference to Protools. My bad I have learned this one too.